iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

It's still his one particular theater. Just like rallax's. I'd imagine the theater managers at which people are with somewhat empty theaters would have hard numbers showing that trend as well.

It's his chain, which is roughly 13-14% of theaters in the Domestic market.

I saw it and hey....I loved it! Admittedly, I'm not as huge a fan of FOTR as most, but I'd put it at least on par with it. A-

I dunno if it will, but it should play well over the holidays.

• Like 2

Hobbit is floppping domestically and overseas

People need to stop using the term flopping. It's not, because it's still going to be hugely successful up against its budget. It's underwhelming/disappointing. Edited by Heretic
  • Like 4

Hobbit is floppping domestically and overseas

It's definitely not flopping. At worse, this is doing below expectations but pretty much on par with anyone who wasn't on either extreme

That's a total exaggeration. The whole project cost 500M. That's about 170M per film.

Well, that was before the move to 3 films. Probably budget is gonna increase a bit but in return they get another billion or thereabout out of it. Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

Funny how everytime a major film opens, there are people who seem to be intent on assuring everyone that the film is "flopping." And yes, I know that that is exactly what I did when TA opened. I am aware that my insistent "it will open to 85 million/it will gross less than 300 m" posts were influenced by my dislike for Whedon and by how they only used a token, non-powered, just-for-eyecandy female Avenger in the film.But it's an interesting phenomenon. Who's willing to fess up that they hate the LOTR series and they want it to fail?

• Like 3

Funny how everytime a major film opens, there are people who seem to be intent on assuring everyone that the film is "flopping." And yes, I know that that is exactly what I did when TA opened. I am aware that my insistent "it will open to 85 million/it will gross less than 300 m" posts were influenced by my dislike for Whedon and by how they only used a token, non-powered, just-for-eyecandy female Avenger in the film.But it's an interesting phenomenon. Who's willing to fess up that they hate the LOTR series and they want it to fail?

You said it'll make less than 200M. :P;) I kid, your point is valid. Blind hatred can definitely influence people.
  • Like 2

But it's an interesting phenomenon. Who's willing to fess up that they hate the LOTR series and they want it to fail?

I hate SHITTOTR and Beach Whale Boyens and PJ for bringing Beach Whale aboard and becoming Count Bloatula (I blame her for this because she is more bloated than all his bloated movies combined and he did not make bloatfests before meeting her) and most of all I hate casting of Shitto and won`t ever forgive it and I want TH to fail for all those reasons but I`m objective about numbers. JC and Battleship would kill to "flop" like this. And I also insist they should wait for Saturday numbers before they call 911 because FOTR and damn SHITTOTR were big Saturday players.
  • Like 1

This phenomena is pretty rampant on these forums, hell, the internet in general.

Definitely, TASM and Hobbit have something in common in that regard. I was called a troll or fanboy for saying TASM was good. It's a mob mentality.
  • Like 3

Definitely, TASM and Hobbit have something in common in that regard. I was called a troll or fanboy for saying TASM was good. It's a mob mentality.

Easiest way to tell if someone is being irrational in their hatred, is when they are overly defensive when you call them on it. Someone who has genuine concerns about a film feels no need to defend their stance. The same goes for irrational love. I got defensive many times when it came to SM3. Now I look back and realize I was irrational in my initial love for it.
  • Like 3

TASM was a really good movie. Some people just dont know how to move on when a reboot appears on the horizon. I know the same thing will happen with the batman reboot too. Cant be helped.
  • Like 3