iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

TASM was a really good movie. Some people just dont know how to move on when a reboot appears on the horizon. I know the same thing will happen with the batman reboot too. Cant be helped.

That happens if people consider previous movies better. I think that original SM was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than TASM. TASM wasn`t bad, just forgettable. OTOH, SM was charming and romantic. It`s still my fave SM. I know that SM2 is considered the best but aside better villain nothing else was better. SM3 was hot mess. I can`t watch it in reruns.

Easiest way to tell if someone is being irrational in their hatred, is when they are overly defensive when you call them on it. Someone who has genuine concerns about a film feels no need to defend their stance. The same goes for irrational love. I got defensive many times when it came to SM3. Now I look back and realize I was irrational in my initial love for it.

Yeah, TASM was panned unlike any blockbuster this year. Hatred it received was beyond ridiculous. People had agendas and it clearly showed. Same thing is happening to Hobbit now.

The surprising part about The Hobbit's disappointing box office run is the fact it had a dragon. There was NO WAY it should have failed with a dragon!

Did it even occured to anyone that this isn`t a disappointing boxoffice but what an adaptation of a lesser prequel story, that does not chronicle the emo years of a soon-to-be most iconic villain, would make? For what TH story is, this is a big boxoffice. And dragon <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Vader. Yep. Edited by fishnets

The surprising part about The Hobbit's disappointing box office run is the fact it had a dragon. There was NO WAY it should have failed with a dragon!

First if all, I don't call a single Friday estimate a 'box office run'Secondly you didn't even get to see the dragon.Thirdly, no dragon was advertised in the trailer so I doubt people even know there's a dragon in this film.
  • Like 1

I don't think a dragon is such a huge selling point. It's not like it's the first dragon on film. Actually, dragon films bombed.

The movie from which this image belongs bombed, right? :P

Posted Image

• Like 5

I don't think a dragon is such a huge selling point. It's not like it's the first dragon on film. Actually, dragon films bombed.

Well there are Dragon Films, and then there are Dragon Films. Smaug is evidently the latter kind. ;)
  • Like 2

It` s a selling point for dragonuts who in return think everyone in the world must be excited about dragons. Yeah, if that was the case, how come those stupid Majesty Dragon novels and Eragon aren`t Next Harry Potter?Besides, nothing beats naked Daenerys with dragons. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1