baumer

Jack Reacher

35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I don't know why people have a problem with the cop's motivation. There are bent cops in the world. He was clearly a bent cop from way before the events of the movie. Do we need a whole back story on why he became a bent cop? The movie shows what happens to people who get on the wrong side the Zec.

Actually I did just think of one issue. Why would a multi-story car park have a coin operated parking meter like you'd find street side?

There are several downtown location parking ramps that have coin operated parking meters close to the doors/elevators. Further, they are quite common in airport parking ramps. Edited by jb007

I dont feel like making a proper review, so I'll put it quickly:

After a rather weak first 30 minutes Jack Reacher turns into a surprisingly solid action-thriller. I bought Tom Cruise as a badass and thevery attractive Rosamund Pike was also good as the female lead. There's an amazing car chase, and Werner Herzog forcing people to eat their own fingers. So the movie is one of the finest "see it once and never again" type of deals. I didn't feel like I wasted my money or time, and I left the theater pleased.

3/5

• Like 1

Has a cool 70's cop thriller feel to it ala Bullit/Dirty Harry. I thought Cruise was perfect and there was great chemistry between him and Rosamund Pike. The action sequences were done really well, and there was just enough humor injected to ensure it didn't get too dark/serious. Really enjoyed Robert Duvall's work in a small but memorable role.8/10

Didn't expect it to be good, but it easily exceeded my expectations. The bathroom scene was hilarious to watch. The movie had some humor, which surprised me. The villain, though, was the worst part about this movie. He didn't even come off as dangerous or crazy or anything... just a stupid old man without finger. WOAH. Everybody should be afraid of that kind of guy.

The beginning was also very well done, with the sniper lense moving around the side of the river, and the investigation was also greatly written.

A-/B+

It was a good movie with exceptional moments, like the car chase. A particular sequence is still stucked in my mind, when Helen recreates the shooting, it was  brilliantly made (I cried :mellow:). the movie could've been 20 minutes shorter though. 

B (78)

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

I just watched this and I enjoyed it.

I thought Cruise was really good in it and I thought the other people in it were good too. McQuarrie did a good job directing it and I enjoyed the story. 

My favorite part of the movie was easily the bathroom fight scene.  :lol:

I would give it a.......

B(86)

• Like 2

Rewatched it WOW its actually really damn good. Does the 60's thriller McQueen like stuff is great.

I LOVE the action, no fact cut action music bull shit. Lots of wide shots, the shots tell the story, lack of music. It was like a grounded real life realistic superhero movie in a way.

B+ (87)

• Like 4