filmnerdjamie

Thursday Numbers (12/20)

I predict the Hobbit to jump about 85% today. There are too many films opening and the wom on The Hobbit is not so great. It should fall over 50% this weekend.

I am Legend had to compete with "National Treasure", "Sweeney Todd", "Charlie Wilson's War", "P.S. I Love you" and "Walk Hard".This years openers will do way less and shouldn't be the reason if "The Hobbit" would drop by more than 50%.

I just came back from my 3rd viewing and it's safe to say, WOM is solid on it. It's not as good as OT but who cares. Frankly, It's laughable that people are saying it's boring . It's no more boring than FOTR but people have blinders on for that movie.

I wouldn't call it laughable if people say it is boring; I think that is an entirely valid opinion. I love all kinds of films but found TH boring at times. I watched the extended edition of FOTR and found it much more exciting and stimulating to watch. What a great film. I am going to give the Hobbit another chance though, also because I really enjoyed the technological aspects of the picture.
  • Like 1

I just came back from my 3rd viewing and it's safe to say, WOM is solid on it. It's not as good as OT but who cares. Frankly, It's laughable that people are saying it's boring . It's no more boring than FOTR but people have blinders on for that movie.

You`re having blinders on TH and just because you saw it 3 times it doesn`t mean everyone will. But it`s your right to like TH:AUJ more than FOTR. Your loss too.
  • Like 2

I know it probably doesn't mean that much at this point but I'm glad ROTG is getting good numbers. I really enjoyed that movie. And as for schools being out - my brother (in high school) had his first day off today, yesterday was his last school day before winter break and it was a half day.

Edited by lilpunkryo
  • Like 2

You`re having blinders on TH and just because you saw it 3 times it doesn`t mean everyone will. But it`s your right to like TH:AUJ more than FOTR. Your loss too.

FOTR is my favorite LOTR movie and Hobbit reminded me a lot of it.It's you're loss actually for having crazy hate for Otto and disliking one of the greatest trilogies ever because of it. Edited by druv10