Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

This is a very bad friday overall and it seems deflated. I don't understand why everybodys laughing at "The Hobbit"."Rise of the Guardians" only had a 75% bump, while Alvin jumped 130% in 2007.If Nikkis numbers are right, "The Hobbit" has the second best jump of all holdovers.

Maybe the recent shooting is bringing up fears from Aurora.Also, a film in three parts that should be two at most is also probably holding people back. Although, personally, I felt part 1 works just fine for The Hobbit, but most moviegoers might not be willing to give it a chance for that reason.

This is a very bad friday overall and it seems deflated. I don't understand why everybodys laughing at "The Hobbit"."Rise of the Guardians" only had a 75% bump, while Alvin jumped 130% in 2007.If Nikkis numbers are right, "The Hobbit" has the second best jump of all holdovers.

Theres a song by The Sneaker Pimps. You should check it out. I think ud like it.

Please so not use the shooting as an excuse. Thats ridiculous.

I was just saying that fears about Aurora may have resurfaced for some people because of the recent incident. Is that really that ridiculous of a notion. I think some people are in fear right now. Not everyone, but maybe enough to have some impact on the BO.

Theres a song by The Sneaker Pimps. You should check it out. I think ud like it.

I don't know which song you mean, but it was probably not meant as a compliment, so i'm just ignoring it and go by the facts:Bad Friday for the Hobbit, but even worse for some of the others.

And i'm starting to get annoyed, constantly being under fire for trying to make reasonable statements considering box office.I haven't even seen the Hobbit yet and i'm really not emotionally involved in a movies box office run as some others here.So, Baumer, befor you start getting personal, just go and check what i stated above and then tell me, what was wrong about my statement. It's all about numbers, I look at them, i compare them, i interpret them. I'm not god and i'm, obviously, sometimes wrong but i work with what i have and normally i'm pretty decent in finding good comparisons.

2nd weekend below IAL would be really really terrible.Hope that number goes up. 11m is the minimum it needs to save its dignity.

I don't find this surprising at all. Excluding midnights TH opening actually fell short of AIL's OW. And it is a fanboy flick, of course it will be frontloaded.