CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

I was seating by this family - father, mother and 2 sons age 20something. They were discussing what to see after Les Mis and they chose PG and purchased tickets via phone.

You have no idea how much I loathe that family right now. :P
  • Like 1

Wonder if Les Mis can get to 200M. I think that if it opens higher than 20M there's a good chance.

If the OD is 20m it should clear 120m by the end of next weekend. If the OD is 15m it'll still get past 100m. It should take a tumble tomorrow (down 30-40%) but WOM is certainly good enough to keep it afloat.If Oscar buzz picks up- say, a Best Picture- Musical/Comedy win at the Globes- then the sky may be the limit. Edited by Gopher

I'm gonna have to take a break from the thread because I'm beginning to think OD Christmas record could go down. Getting too delusional now. :lol: Yeah 200M would be amazing. An a resounding success. What does Chicago adjust to?

I'm gonna have to take a break from the thread because I'm beginning to think OD Christmas record could go down. Getting too delusional now. :lol:

Yeah 200M would be amazing. An a resounding success. What does Chicago adjust to?

Chicago

Domestic Total Adj. Gross:$224,752,700

Damn that's crazy!

Happy for Les Mis. Would be over the moon if Anne Hathway walked away with an oscar for her supporting role.Really feeling down now because of Hobbit. Its a good movie that just hasnt been allowed to stand on its own. Two movies i've been anticipating for years and both dissapointed at the box office this year, especially the hobbit. Not sure if i want to follow boxoffice for awhile. :(