CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

Second that, Lincoln also had a sub 10% drop, Guardians and Monsters Inc increased. All the new openers dropped above 30%.When in doubt, blame it on Canada lol TH had a 111% increase there and doubled LM's and DU's daily gross.

Ok. Then its is baumer's fault. :P Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

Impressive drops for the two openers but TH1 will likely be #1 tomorrow and for the weekend.

It`s the theater count nothing else. LM would have prevailed it was released in over 3000 theaters.I don`t know why studios are fucking up their movies so much. First Harvey with SLP platform release and now Uni with LM.
  • Like 1

It is actually 'Billion Dollar Floppit' :P

Lets be fair here. 3D prices made billion dollar movies more easy. So real billion dollar story of 2012 are billion dollar movies that weren`t in 3D. Granted, expanding markets are advantage that old billionaire club didn`t have but without 3D the milestone is harded to reach.So Floppit isn`t a flop in budget/revenue ratio but that it was supposed to be the success story of the year (HFR was, after all, designed with that in mind) and it`s turn to be just a business as usual.And it still hasn`t reached $1 billion. Might fall short with steep post-holiday drops. :P
  • Like 1

To the people who predicted 450M for TH:AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAH HAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAAAHAH AHAHAAHAHAJAHAAJAHAJAJAJAAJJAJAJAJAHAHAJAAJHAHAHAHA

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

So what`s FOTR adjusted gros and how much AUJ will fall behind it despite IMAX and 3D premium and 11 years of inflation?

432M ... The Hobbit will be lucky to cross 300M honestly... Over 100M difference.
  • Like 1

@Jack: I saw Jack Reacher and to me it was just very uneven. I enjoyed it sort of but its not very memorable. The character is nothing liek I thought he would be based on the trailer.Again, with the Hobbit, it's doing fine. To me, there is nothing bad about the numbers. It's going to make 300 or close to it and close to a billion WW....incredible numbers imo.

• Like 1