Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

I'll defend TKS as a great movie until the end of times. Sure, its no Social Network, but its still of extremely high quality

I don`t care for TSN and Fincher who made only one movie that I liked enough to own (Se7en) so my annoyance with LM close-ups is purely annoyance with close-ups.

I love TKS, but I hated Hooper's camera choices. Distracting as hell. The script, acting, and music were all great though.

I actually think the cinematography in TKS is pretty gorgeous, like the part where Rush and Firth are walking in the mist.

I actually think the cinematography in TKS is pretty gorgeous, like the part where Rush and Firth are walking in the mist.

That scene is fine, but there are others where he chose some bizarre camera angles that distracted from what the actors were doing. The director's job is to focus the audience on the performances, not distract the shit out of us to where we're saying, "Why the hell did he choose this angle?"

That scene is fine, but there are others where he chose some bizarre camera angles that distracted from what the actors were doing. The director's job is to focus the audience on the performances, not distract the shit out of us to where we're saying, "Why the hell did he choose this angle?"

Well, I for one enjoyed the look of the film. It looked very different from the dry period pieces you often see