Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

These are the films with nominations in all four acting categories, BP, BD, Screenplay:Mrs. MiniverJohnny BelindaSunset BoulevardA Streetcar Named DesireFrom Here to EternityWho's Afraid of Virginia WoolfBonne and ClydeGuess Who's Coming to DinnerNetworkComing HomeRedsSilver Linings Playbook12 films, 2 of which won BP in the end. That's a 1/6 success rate.

Of these 12, 10 also had an Editing nomination. As before, 2 won, for a 20% success rate.

Why are people are arguing over TDKR's "so called" snub while we have much bigger fish to fry. No Bigelow or Affleck. I'm still stunned by his omission.

Because the popularity of TDKR and Nolan in this community equals to 1000000 Afflecks and 10000000000000000 Bigelows.

No, I just laugh at all of your silly posts.

As do I yours, and your extreme cynicism on most topics. So we're even :lol: :rofl:

But its not like we've never seen stuff like that before, right? And probably done as good.VFX Oscar should go to innovation, movies that do something new.

Please tell me a movie where we've "seen that before", as in a large part of a city skyline entirely CGI, and looking 100% real at 16K IMAX resolution. I'm dying to hear what movie this is.

I think fx Oscar should be given to a movie that does something new, exciting or innovative, kinda like Life of Pi or Inception

Yeah, LOP is the favorite to win the VFX. I'm hoping it can win either BP or BD. Edited by druv10

TDKR's Academy screening back in July apparently didn't go well at all, so the shutout isn't too surprising. So this year, are we expecting the well acted, forgettable movie with big dance numbers and a nice copout ending to win over the genuinely important film with tremendous script and performances? Again?Sorry Wells, I'm in Stone's camp this year.

• Like 1