ChD

Weekend Estimates (ZDT $26M, GS $16.7M, AHH $17.5M)

Not at all suprised with Texas Chainsaw's drop. Knew it was going to be massive. And like others have said, Gangster Squad's WOM is nowhere near toxic. I know it's a small sample to compare but I saw it with two other guys and we all thought it was a fun time. Our theater laughed in all the right places and everyone seemed pretty upbeat walking out. Nothing groundbreaking, but far from toxic.

Difference between Emma and Gosling is that Emma is a star power while Gosling is not. It`s due to likablity (Emma) and lack thereof (Gosling). he`s an extremly talented actor but no charisma and he definitely comes off as unpleasent smug.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I`m loving the Oscar bumps because when it was obvious that certain movie wouldn`t get any major nominations that movie`s fanboys were claiming that Oscars helped only indie movies. I see many non-indie movies getting bumbs and holding up well while certain movie`s plummeting due to TC cut and interest shifting to good movies.

Edited by fishnets

As a horror fan, I'm embarrassed with that Texas Chainsaw drop. That drop is a symptom of the sickness of our society. A sickness which runs counter to the principles our society proclaims it instills. And it is our duty as custodians of that tradition to all come together to protect each other from those who threaten it.

Huh?

Just noticed Pitch Perfect is #1 on iTunes.

Pitch Perfect became more popular with the DVD release last holidays especially with the teens/young adults, it's all over the social networking sites. I feel a sequel could happen