Alpha

Most insulting film to society

Malcolm X actually went through a transformation in his life. It was shown in the movie.

Well I saw the movie and it showed his journey to Mecca which transformed his life. I thought it was brilliant.

Malcolm X preached peace. He only said that if someone strikes you, then you strike back. Basically he was saying, "Fuck turning the other cheek." Not quite sure how that was insulting to anyone.
  • Like 1

As they say, before you walk a mile in someone's shoes, you shouldn't judge them. Picture being told you can eat at a white restaurant, can't go to a white school, that you smell, you a nigger, a porch monkey, that you should be bailing cotton, that you are inferior, picture seeing your father killed by white people, picture being told all your life that because you are a different colour of skin, you are nothing put a peon, a piece of shit. This is what blacks went through in the US in Malcolm's time. And to his credit, he never advocated violence, he just taught that if you are to harmed, you strike back. I love Malcolm's message...to me, it was just as important as Martin Luther King's.

• Like 3

I like funny and crude as much as the next guy. But the key is you have to be funny. And your characters have to be likeable. I watched American Reunion later in the weekend and I still liked those characters. In this? Fuggedaboutit.

I like funny and crude as much as the next guy. But the key is you have to be funny. And your characters have to be likeable. I watched American Reunion later in the weekend and I still liked those characters. In this? Fuggedaboutit.

To me the characters dont even have to be likable, just make them interesting. Look at In the Loop or Bad Santa, where all the characters are assholes but its still funny

Malcolm X preached peace. He only said that if someone strikes you, then you strike back. Basically he was saying, "Fuck turning the other cheek." Not quite sure how that was insulting to anyone.

That is what propoanda would want you to believe. His kind of agitation/activities has given birth to quasi terror/hate outfits like Nation of Islam. One cannot become what exactly he/she is fighting against. Just because some whites were/are racists does not give the oppressed to do the same against an entire race. That is also the essential point aganist torture by many.

Cannibal Holocaust...any film that deliberately kills animals for the making of the movie.

Also Apocalypse Now. Terrific, epic film, but what was going on behind the scenes was absolutely deplorable.They chopped dozens of oxen to death with machetes
  • Like 2

Also Apocalypse Now. Terrific, epic film, but what was going on behind the scenes was absolutely deplorable.They chopped dozens of oxen to death with machetes

In defense of that scene, oxen are customarily slaughtered that way anyway. I believe oxen that were killed were consumed by the indigenous people and their deaths weren't just for a scene in the movie. Edited by lilmac

Was it Apocalypse Now or Heaven's Gate that made it necessary for the Humane Society to monitor a film if animals were being used?

Heaven's Gate.(Though that film is probably more famous for killing United Artists and ending the so-called "New Hollywood" era than blowing up a horse) Edited by C00k13