Alpha

Most insulting film to society

Seriously that's just being picky. If Speilberg or Nolan decided to use that contrast, you'd probably be praising it :unsure:People just like to hate on Bay because of jealousy it seems lol. Transformers 2 is not insulting.

No.
  • Like 5

Any of the twilight movies. Disgusting morals to teach the teenage girls!Without a man you are nothing...NOTHING!

so that's what you took from the twilight films hmmmmfunny how that thought never crossed my mind! to each their own i guess i can't think of a film right now, but i'll try!

I honestly thought Transformers 3 was more insulting than 2, though they're both pretty low. It basically just expects its audience to react thoughtlessly to everything on screen, no matter how greatly it contradicts the tone of anything that came before. Let's cheer on giant robots and mass destruction! Yay! Now let's laugh at the silliness and ineptness of our human protagonist! Haha! Now let's laugh at dick jokes! LMAO! Now let's feel sorry for our protagonist's relationship struggles! Er... okay. Now let's fear for the future of the human race! Wait a minute... Now let's cry at images of charred bodies, leveled buildings, and childless parents running around the streets while Linkin Park whines about it! What? Just do it! Now root for the Autobots to kill all the Decepticons who killed thousands of innocent people in cold blood! Sure. Now root for Optimus Prime as he kills his enemies in cold blood! Now go and talk about how "fucking sick as fuck!" (actual comment I overheard at the screening I went to) it all was.

• Like 3

The nice thing about TF3 is that it's just boring. Forgettable. I couldn't tell you a thing about it (except the laughable final 20 minutes). TF2 on the other hand is a monstrosity. There's a reason Bay and The Beef call it out every time an interviewer brings it up.

Spielberg and Nolan can't make movies as bad as TF2. They probably could but I wouldn't bet on it. Both of them have made 'cashgrab' movies (The Lost World, The Dark Knight Rises) and they were masterpieces compared to TF2.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

lol TF 2 and TF3 may be bad movies but most insulting to humanity.Lol they are pretty much like your average action film done to a much larger scale and they find huge box office sucess unlike those average action films/

Edited by Lordmandeep

Transformers 2 was just huge thus bringing to attention the cliches and average scope it had. I just wish they kept the same fun lighthearted feel of the first.Michael Bay just made it seem too goofy to me. But some people like simple things like that. It works for others. Damn sure doesn't work for me but it works for others.

I honestly thought Transformers 3 was more insulting than 2, though they're both pretty low. It basically just expects its audience to react thoughtlessly to everything on screen, no matter how greatly it contradicts the tone of anything that came before. Let's cheer on giant robots and mass destruction! Yay! Now let's laugh at the silliness and ineptness of our human protagonist! Haha! Now let's laugh at dick jokes! LMAO! Now let's feel sorry for our protagonist's relationship struggles! Er... okay. Now let's fear for the future of the human race! Wait a minute... Now let's cry at images of charred bodies, leveled buildings, and childless parents running around the streets while Linkin Park whines about it! What? Just do it! Now root for the Autobots to kill all the Decepticons who killed thousands of innocent people in cold blood! Sure. Now root for Optimus Prime as he kills his enemies in cold blood! Now go and talk about how "fucking sick as fuck!" (actual comment I overheard at the screening I went to) it all was.

Bingo. Michael Bay can't even make braindead entertainment anymore. Armageddon = excellent braindead entertainment. I can't believe this is the guy that made The Rock, one of my favorite movies of the 90s.
  • Like 2

I dunno, I kinda hate Armageddon as well. :lol:When Michael Bay gets it right, his movies are ridiculously entertaining (The Rock, Transformers, The Island, *hopefully* Pain & Gain), but when he doesn't, he's so far off the mark that the movie becomes a trial to endure. It doesn't help that his understanding of "editing for time" is about as loose as the one Judd Apatow and Peter Jackson have....unless it's Pearl Harbor, which is so comically cliche-packed and tritely written that it doesn't take much mental adjustment to watch everything outside of the attack portion as a comedy. It's funnier than Bad Boys II, which was actually trying to be funny.

I dunno, I kinda hate Armageddon as well. :lol:When Michael Bay gets it right, his movies are ridiculously entertaining (The Rock, Transformers, The Island, *hopefully* Pain & Gain), but when he doesn't, he's so far off the mark that the movie becomes a trial to endure. It doesn't help that his understanding of "editing for time" is about as loose as the one Judd Apatow and Peter Jackson have....unless it's Pearl Harbor, which is so comically cliche-packed and tritely written that it doesn't take much mental adjustment to watch everything outside of the attack portion as a comedy. It's funnier than Bad Boys II, which was actually trying to be funny.

Bad Boys II was fucking hilarious!

Transformers movies the most insulting ever? Lol. Talk about exaggeration

In terms of influence? I could hear a case that TF2 (not the first or third movies) is one of the most dangerous movies of the century. It's the cesspool of Hollywood cynicism incarnate. There are films I find more personally offensive. Like The Lorax.

Ehh, I'm not trying to insinuate that Transformers is *the most* insulting film to society; it just happened to be the topic of conversation when my momentarily ADD-addled mind joined this thread. ;)

That said, I think there's an argument to be made that Michael Bay is one of the most insulting directors in terms of storytelling. If the man put as much effort into telling a great, tonally even story as he does into the special effects and the loud noises, he would be one of the best in the business. As is, however, he is on record as basically saying that the audience he caters to most readily doesn't care at all about the story, so why should he?

There are films I find more personally offensive. Like The Lorax.

Oh, Lorax. I was okay with the film (I found it passably enjoyable while I was watching it, but I don't remember much about it less than a year later), but the tie-in with Mazda was such a hilarious contradiction of the book's message that I can't believe anyone involved with it honestly thought it was a good idea.

I'll bite:Bay has never gone on record as saying that Webslinger. And his films do have excellent stories. Bad Boys, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, The Rock and Transformers, The Island, are all blessed with excellent stories.

People need to cut Bay some slack.The rock= the best action movie of the 90'sBad Boys= how can you not like it.Im one of the few who liked armageddon. That final scene of bruces willis' life flashing before his eyes, is heartbreaking.Transformers. Up there with Avengers for me. Great story and great action.Transformers 2-3 though may have amped up the action but the story was lacking and each movie contradicted the previous installment.

Edited by Omario

Of all of Bay's films I'd say Pearl Harbor comes the closest to being offensive even though it's not. But the love story was totally not needed, you had a great story already there, Pearl Harbor itself that you didn't need to tack a love story on.Now strangely I thought it worked in Titanic.

Of all of Bay's films I'd say Pearl Harbor comes the closest to being offensive even though it's not. But the love story was totally not needed, you had a great story already there, Pearl Harbor itself that you didn't need to tack a love story on.Now strangely I thought it worked in Titanic.

Titanic wasn't the typical love story. We saw Rose grow from a scared young girl to a strong woman.
  • Like 1