Wormow

IMAX Theaters

you can't compete with imax sound. Picture quality though always seems blurry to me. Especially TDKR. The imax scenes looked amazing but the normal film was too blurry. Noticed it in TDK and also Superman Returns. Imax digital's picture quality was better when i saw Avatar, ASM and also Hobbit on it.

you can't compete with imax sound. Picture quality though always seems blurry to me. Especially TDKR. The imax scenes looked amazing but the normal film was too blurry. Noticed it in TDK and also Superman Returns. Imax digital's picture quality was better when i saw Avatar, ASM and also Hobbit on it.

Really? So films not filmed with IMAX cameras look blurry? Kind of makes me think on whether I want to catch CF in IMAX

Real IMAX can't be beat. For 3D movies, that's even a cheaper option at our theater than a regular one ($12 vs $13.50+) since it's the same charge regardless.For Lie-Max it depends on the movie. Have had some great experiences and some meh ones, but in general the sound is superior to anything I've heard outside of a high-end Alamo Drafthouse location and that alone is worth it. Particularly like their habit of amping up re-releases and tossing them out on Lie-Max. Loved the IMAX screening of Star Trek (2009) last year, sound was incredible.

Posted Image

The Lincoln Square IMAX is what it's all about. This picture almost doesn't do it justice. The first time you walk in, your jaw drops. I've seen Dark Knight, Star Trek, Avatar, Inception and TDKR there.

It's also $20 a ticket so I have to really wanna see something there.

Catching Fire is being filmed in real IMAX for some scenes so it's the way forward to me, it's just because when you switch between the formats, the quality of the images that aren't full IMAX aren't as good in comparison.

Do the non-IMAX filmed scenes usually look okay? Will they still look amazing and better than viewing the film in normal theaters?I was reading an article on a few films that they've seen in IMAX and they've said it's "blurry" or "fuzzy".

Do the non-IMAX filmed scenes usually look okay? Will they still look amazing and better than viewing the film in normal theaters?I was reading an article on a few films that they've seen in IMAX and they've said it's "blurry" or "fuzzy".

Non-Imax scenes are fine.

Posted Image

The Lincoln Square IMAX is what it's all about. This picture almost doesn't do it justice. The first time you walk in, your jaw drops. I've seen Dark Knight, Star Trek, Avatar, Inception and TDKR there.

It's also $20 a ticket so I have to really wanna see something there.

Saw TDKR OD there, that's the only time though. But love that theater anyway.

When I walk into the Sydney IMAX I get this really nervous feeling because the bloody stairs/chairs are so steep (although I do love how 'involved' in the movie it makes you feel)As for the movie experience itself? Well, I must say I prefer LieMax. The films seem somewhat blurry for my liking in traditional - or maybe I just haven't seen the right movie yet.