MovieGuyKyle17

4 Day Weekend Box Office Perdictions: Mama (30.5m); Broken City (9.7m); Last Stand (6.6m) Nikki

We'll see come tomorrow, but I'm thinking the studios are over-estimating Sunday in general.Lots of 20% - 30% estimated declines for Sunday, which we didn't get for most films the last few times MLK Sunday lined up with the NFL Conference Championships (non-family fare fell more like 30% - 45% back in 03, 04, 08 and 09).

Edited by JarJarBinks
  • Like 2

Underwhelmed with SLP's expansion estimates. I was hoping high teens

I don't know why its PTA wouldn't take a hit when it expanded to ultrawide release. 11.4m is a solid mumber though. Django could still make a play at topping True Grit but it'll probably end just short.

In response to a previous comment, I don't think Arnold turning out to be a liberal governor put his fanbase off. I'm as liberal as it comes, and I've loved a ton of Arnold movies. I, along with the rest of the public apparently, just thought TLS looked awful.

ZDT will be a leggy one. Down only -28% this weekend. Should break 100m now, meaning that seven of the nine Best Picture nominees will break 100m. Incredible considering no tentpoles like TS3 or Inception are in the mix this year. Say what you want about Oscar but it tends to get good movies seen.

• Like 1