MovieGuyKyle17

4 Day Weekend Box Office Perdictions: Mama (30.5m); Broken City (9.7m); Last Stand (6.6m) Nikki

Anyone know what the budget was for TLS?, i can't imagine it being more than 40-50 million and imo the film will probably triple that worldwide so the film won't do THAT bad in the end.

IMDB has the budget at $30m, so WW it should still wind up being profitable at least, certainly once it hits home video. Hopefully that'll give Jee-woon some clout. Heck of a job for that low a budget.
  • Like 1

IMDB has the budget at $30m, so WW it should still wind up being profitable at least, certainly once it hits home video. Hopefully that'll give Jee-woon some clout. Heck of a job for that low a budget.

$30mil really that low?, christ its almost like Lionsgate expected the film to do poor, in the US anyway.I still think Arnie should of waited until Conan or Terminator was ready to shoot then have that as his comeback film, it would also of given him the time needed to get back into shape like he is now instead of filming this as soon as he left office, Arnie has looked great in the promotion for this film.
  • Like 1

Rise of Guardians will cross $100 mil as well. Still disappointing but at least not as disastrous as Happy Feet 2Parental Guidance will likely end in the $70 million range which is very good for that type of movie. Ditto This is 40. Guilt Trip is the only that underwhelmed in the box officeLooks like Gangster Squad will struggle to surpass its $60 million budgetMonsters Inc 3D will likely end around $33 mil, now that I think about it maybe it was good thing Disney moved it to December since if they pursued the January release it could have perform even less. It barely surpassed the Toy Story 1 & 2 3D rerelease which earned $30 million back in 2009. Lion King 3D was just a unique case. I don't think any 3D rerelease anytime soon could come close to what it did two years ago.

Hmm.... BO.com has the total budget at 63m. That's production plus marketing. OS will probably save it, as well as home video.

Texas Chainsaw :rofl: It will end with 35M :lol: Friday the 13th and Devil Inside levels here!

But lovely Daddario will have the last laugh when she break out in 50 Shades of Grey. OMG, did anyone notice Michelle Obama was wearing 50 Shades coat? It look like Christian Grey`s tie from the book cover. OMG!

But lovely Daddario will have the last laugh when she break out in 50 Shades of Grey. OMG, did anyone notice Michelle Obama was wearing 50 Shades coat? It look like Christian Grey`s tie from the book cover. OMG!

I would see the 50 Shades movie if Daddario stars in it.
  • Like 1

<p>

<br />Congrats to LOP.<br /><br /> 13 <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/life-of-pi-2012" rel="nofollow external" title="External link">Life of Pi</a> $4,200,000 55% 1,256 499 $3,344 <strong>$100,037,305</strong> 9 <span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="background-color: transparent">Fox</span></span><br />

<br /> </p>Hell yeah! Edited by vc2002

Presumably when people talk about Arnie doing another Terminator, they mean he'll do the motion capture part and then get 'de-aged' onscreen? A la X-Men 3? Not sure I'd like that.

Have you seen Arnie lately?, he looks great and i'm sure he would look even better when he finishes getting his body back to where he wants it.All they would have to do is have a plot device where they need to have a T-800 to look older, maybe John Connor has gone mad and they want him to believe that the Terminator 2 Arnie Terminator is still alive all these years later to try and connect with Connor because of his feelings to that model. Maybe they could simply say that because Terminators have living skin and tissue then the flesh ages like real humans over time.Its not really as big a deal as people make out, they can make it work.

There is a chance that TLS will be huge here in Korea. Considering this abominationhttp://www.youtube.c...?v=YnQXvQ1R4gghad over 8 million admissions and is the 8 highest grossing Korean film ever, I am sure the public will get behind Kim Jeewoon big time when its released in February.Was really hoping it would do well in the US though with two more Korean directed films to follow it this year.

Edited by chasmmi