Ezen Baklattan

BOF's 15 Best Films Of 2012. (TDKR Tribute On Pg. 19!)

For sure. I didn't even like it that much at all. Not even close to being on the same level as TDK.

The second viewing was a revelation for me. After that I would be lying if I'd give TDKR more than 3/5. Its a fucking flawed movie, and I honestly think it will grow a reputation kinda like Indy 4, but on a smaller scale.

I thought it was pretty boring if I'm being honest.

Its pacing and structure are fucked up. The first hour is top notch, it goes by smoothly and interesting things happen. Then there's a long stretch thats kinda boring. Its not as entertaining or well paced as the first hour. Then the movie starts to rush by with the speed of a pack of monkeys on ecstasy, without giving a damn about what makes sense or not.

The only thing I absolutely LOVED was catwoman. She kicked ass!

She was fine. I dont think all of the dialogue they wrote for her was that great, but Hathaway did a good job.I think there are many good things about TDKR, so I'm not hating on it, but I think its a mess of a movie.

I am bit suprised about Skyfall...Its a great film but not the 2nd best film of the year.I would say its like Iron Man 1...A very netural film...You can't hate or you can't claim its the greatest. Lol at TDKR... Such a depressing film...

Who the hell voted TDKR number 1!? I don't understand.

Posted Image

That's why I was asking about number of 12st places as I reckon it didn't actually top that many people's lists, just that it made most peoples lists.

I couldn't actually see the points total for TDKR, but seeing as SF got 186 in 2nd, even if I assume TDKR was way out ahead with 200 points that is only an average of 6.9 per voter (or 9th place essentially).

If you add to the the assumption that say only 4 out of the 29 voters placed TDKR in their top 3 (not even top) and the average required to hit 200 points plummets to 5.76 (or worse that 10th place) (and 5.24 to be SF by 1 point).

To sum up, with 29 voters a film could have came first with the following sets of votes:

3rd x 2

5th x 3

6th x 1

7th x 4

8th x 3

9th x 5

10th x 2

12th x 1

13 x 1

15 x 1

The above I believe would total 187 points (it is 5am so if everything in this post in completely wrong my apologies), with the film not getting a single 1st place vote and 6 people not ranking it at all and less than half of voters even ranking it top 8.

A film like TDKR is the king of mass exposure film that can score votes like this for being generally popular (same with Skyfall). Whereas Cloud Atlas probably scored most of its points from 5 or 6 voters placing it very high indeed.