Impact

Best Director-2013

The movie (and its direction) would seriously have to sweep everyone off their feet. A couple of other high-profile unseen contenders disappointing wouldn't hurt, either.

Basically this. I think all the confusion of 2013/2014 and then demoting it to SPC from Sony has hurt it really badly.

Any chance for Bennett Miller?

tweets frpm prescreenings were great so hopefully its not a fluke (sp) 

Crossing fingers!

4 now imo

12YaS

Gravity

DBClub

Capt Phillips

Llewyn Davis/American Hustle

super biased

All is lost

Rush

Foxcatcher

Philomena

Prisoners/ Blue Jasmine/ Her

Current:

McQueen for Slave

Cuaron for Gravity

Hancock for Mr. Banks

Coens for Llewyn Davis

I'm guessing for the 5th slot-Scot for Counselor or the director of Philomena

Edit: Possibly Greengrass for Captain Philips-in a rush so I'm still thinking.

Edited by Impact

Frears is who directs it-for some reason I was thinking he did August.

I wish you guys would put the film with the director as I am unsure who some are predicting :P (And believe me it gets confusing when you do that as I use to do that for my early predicts and was unsure who or what film sometimes)

I think that Frears will be in. (I think I'm the only person who's predicting him, but I think so.) 

And I think that it'll be McQueen for the win here and not Cuaron because the reception for 12YAS at the AMPAS isn't good enough, IMO, for it to win BP. BD will be a perfect place to reward it simply because 12YAS is way too dark, depressing, and morbid in a way for the Academy to stomach. 

Gravity looks like the BP winner atm due to the buzz, but I think we'll see a very strong contender in Philomena. It's got the reviews and has a narrative and has Harvey. 

I think that Frears will be in. (I think I'm the only person who's predicting him, but I think so.) 

And I think that it'll be McQueen for the win here and not Cuaron because the reception for 12YAS at the AMPAS isn't good enough, IMO, for it to win BP. BD will be a perfect place to reward it simply because 12YAS is way too dark, depressing, and morbid in a way for the Academy to stomach. 

Gravity looks like the BP winner atm due to the buzz, but I think we'll see a very strong contender in Philomena. It's got the reviews and has a narrative and has Harvey. 

Gravity ain't winning, this is AMPAS not comic con.