Impact

Best Director-2013

I think 12YAS will win this for sure because a black person has never won BD before and if this wins BD, I think it gets BP as well. With the theme of slavery and a black president in office right now. I have hard time seeing how this doesn't win BP and BD even if say Gravity is the more deserving film. Or, at least the film that will be considered more of a classic years down the road.

I think 12YAS will win this for sure because a black person has never won BD before and if this wins BD, I think it gets BP as well. With the theme of slavery and a black president in office right now. I have hard time seeing how this doesn't win BP and BD even if say Gravity is the more deserving film. Or, at least the film that will be considered more of a classic years down the road.

Maybe it will finally win, but not because of the reasons you mark. You could say that statement if 12YAS didn't have amazing reviews and excellent audience response.

Also, I don't think Gravity will be the second more voted film / director. ATM, I see more a battle between 12YAS, SMB and Philomena.

Edited by stripe

Ugh...there are too many directors I'd love to see get nominated here, and we're just getting in to the big Oscar hitters. Many of them won't get close to a nomination, though, which is a real shame.

Shane Carruth

Harmony Korine

Richard Linklater

Park Chan Wook

J.C. Chandor

Steve McQueen

Alfonso Cuaron 

Erik Poppe

Ron Howard

Edited by Frozen Spaghetti

I haven't watched this yet, but Hollywood Reporter have put up their annual director's roundtable. They got Steve McQueen, Alfonso Cuaron, Paul Greengrass, David O. Russell, Lee Daniels and... Ben Stiller

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/directors-roundtable-full-interview-655804

This early? Wasn't the last time with Tom Hooper, Michael Haneke et al?

This early? Wasn't the last time with Tom Hooper, Michael Haneke et al?

Yeah, that was around this time last year, I think. Haneke was on the writer's roundtable last year. I remember Tarantino and Hooper were on the roundtable last year because of this gem

Posted Image

• Like 2

Them getting Ben Stiller is really... interesting. Maybe he gets because of love for the movie, despite the medium/bad reviews? 

I think they just invite who's available to these things. Gus Van Sant was there last year for Promised Land, Jason Reitman was there for the year he did Young Adult, Peter Jackson was there the year he did Lovely Bones etc, etc.