ddddeeee

Film scores 2013

The wonderful MoS theme in the trailer was virtually nonexistent in the movie .  There were teasing hints throughout but nothing as soaring and epic as the trailer treatment (especially the 1:17-1:33 and 1:58-2:33 mark).  I haven't heard the actual soundtrack but that defeats the purpose.  It should have been in the movie.  Ah well.

The song can be found on the soundtrack... Are you very sure it's not in the movie? The song is "What are you going to do when you are not saving the world?"

I hated MOS score, it was so boring, I can only remember the track in the trailer (which is a masterpiece). Coming from a guy who loves almost everything Zimmer has done. I'm starting to worry, after the dreadful OST score, barely good TDKR score and now this? :(

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Man of Steel. The score works better in the film, but is still very forgettable. It complemented the film, but never really enhanced it. 

I don't know if Zimmer has simply lost his touch or if he is just getting lazy, but his recent stuff hasn't been all that good. I want the "Lion King" Zimmer back =/ Hopefully "The Lone Ranger" will be better.

Anyway, so far this year I'd rank the film scores I've really paid attention to as thus:

1. Star Trek Into Darkness - 4.5/5 

2. Oz the Great and Powerful - 4/5

3. Epic - 4/5

4. Iron Man 3 - 3.5/5

5. Oblivion - 2.5/5

6. Man of Steel - 1.5/5

• Like 3

Not a score, but I love NYSM's soundtrack. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X33dQiDsxJU

Check this out, it's great to see this one man band:

It's really awesome to see Brian Tyler doing everything from laying the tracks himself to directing the orchestra. I like that theme and the metric of the track.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Really? Really?! That score was almost as autopilot as Zimmer's MoS OST

I thought it was tenths of time better than Man of Steel. You consider everything to be autopilot...

I thought it was tenths of time better than Man of Steel. You consider everything to be autopilot...

Have you seen like two movies this year? Thats the only explantation why you'd think its the best score so far.

• Like 1

Have you seen like two movies this year? Thats the only explantation why you'd think its the best score so far.

Everyone would be on autopilot in your opinion. It's their god damn signature. They have success - they go with it. No one changes every single movie. You'd say that Terrence Malick is always on auto pilot with his movies and the narration... Or that Williams is on autopilot with his score (cause they all sound the same to me). I've seen more movies than you think. Amaze me, what's your favorite score this year... or are you just one of the few that don't pay attention to scores because they're too ... asleep during the movies 

• Like 1

Everyone would be on autopilot in your opinion. It's their god damn signature. They have success - they go with it. No one changes every single movie. You'd say that Terrence Malick is always on auto pilot with his movies and the narration... Or that Williams is on autopilot with his score (cause they all sound the same to me). I've seen more movies than you think. Amaze me, what's your favorite score this year... or are you just one of the few that don't pay attention to scores because they're too ... asleep during the movies 

Calm the fuck down, broseph. Geez. 

Well, I think Spring Breakers, The Place Beyond the Pines, Only God Forgives and The Croods had some great soundtracks. 

I think "The Lone Ranger" is a 'meh' score, but I do think it is considerably better than Man of Steel and several other recent Zimmer scores. The music isn't necessarily more interesting, but the whole thing feels more natural and organic so it scores some points with me there.

Edited by jaredm2012