baumer

Hot Fuzz (2007)

28 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A

Pegg/Frost are, I don't know, like sweet puppies or whatever, I just can't resist them. And Timothy Dalton as a villain - perfect casting, here as in Rocketeer he's the sleaziest slickest scumbag you can imagine.

Mind, the general loveliness of the Pegg/Frost duo can be buried beneath too much film as happened a little bit in "Paul", but here and in "Shaun of the Dead" they are pure comedy gold. Plus, there's a message here if you care to go digging for it ... personally, I've always found those quaint small english towns just a little too perfect to be real :D

Mind the swan!

• Like 1

First time I watched it, I thought it was a fun, albeit not outstanding film.

Second time I watched it, I realised it was quite possibly one of the smartest, best written comedies... heck, one of the smartest films, I've ever seen. Almost every single line and action in the first half of the film has a fantastic payoff in the second half, some obvious, some not so. I've watched this film about 5 times and each time I spotted at least 1 joke or a piece of foreshadowing that I'd missed before. 

To sum up, fantastic film. 5/5

• Like 2

A

Pegg/Frost are, I don't know, like sweet puppies or whatever, I just can't resist them. And Timothy Dalton as a villain - perfect casting, here as in Rocketeer he's the sleaziest slickest scumbag you can imagine.

Mind, the general loveliness of the Pegg/Frost duo can be buried beneath too much film as happened a little bit in "Paul", but here and in "Shaun of the Dead" they are pure comedy gold. Plus, there's a message here if you care to go digging for it ... personally, I've always found those quaint small english towns just a little too perfect to be real :D

Mind the swan!

Fucking brilliant. One of the best comedies of the last decade.

5/5

Hadn't see this in a while. I forgot how great it was. Arguably Wright's best film.5/5

First time I watched it, I thought it was a fun, albeit not outstanding film.

Second time I watched it, I realised it was quite possibly one of the smartest, best written comedies... heck, one of the smartest films, I've ever seen. Almost every single line and action in the first half of the film has a fantastic payoff in the second half, some obvious, some not so. I've watched this film about 5 times and each time I spotted at least 1 joke or a piece of foreshadowing that I'd missed before. 

To sum up, fantastic film. 5/5

My favorite Wright film, it just hits the nail on the head, perfectly done.

A- (91)

"Mr Peter Ian Staker, P I Staker, PISS TAKER..... so then Mr Staker can you describe what you saw?"Watching this right now, it's pure geniusA*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSVlSy8Ci0

• Like 2

This film was such a treat. I follow movies to much nowadays and I think it ruins the experience for me, as I know what I'm going into see everytime. When I saw this film, I hadn't a clue what it was about or anything about that style of humor. The quick camera cuts really compliments the british humor. I found myself engaged from the start and entertained all the way through. The references were great, the whodunnit was great and it was a good surprise.

My favorite part was when he went to look in the prison cell for Nick Frost and Nick Frost pops up behind him ... I don't know why that part sticks out in my mind so much.

A

• Like 1

Hot Fuzz is utterly brilliant. Managing to be both a parody of and an actual buddy cop movie, it's absolutely hysterical while also weaving an incredibly clever tale of small town cops who try to uncover a conspiracy within their town. Pegg and Frost, as always, make a wonderful pair, with Pegg's ultimate stickler proving to be a perfect match for Frost's silver spoon son. They lead an ensemble cast of some of Britain's finest comedians, full of cameos or really fun bit parts. Wright's trademark humor is on full display, with the editing constantly making the jokes sing to their maximum potential. The real wonder though is the third act, which takes all the references set up in the film and knocks them down in glorious fashion. Seeing a huge Michael Bay-esque setpiece executed in the most mundane setting imaginable is both outrageously funny and absolutely invigorating. Hot Fuzz mixes the action and comedic strength of Edgar Wright to its ultimate conclusion, in this genre-smashing fare that is utterly original despite the many cues it takes from other films. Delightful. A

• Like 1