A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

I'm not guaranteeing 300M by any means but if you're saying its off the table then you've lost your marbles

300M for a drama film? The odds of that happening are like 0.000000000000000000000000000000001%

Right now, it's looking at 200m as the ceiling.

Internationally, around the same amount. so 400m WW should be the goal and i think it's doable with great marketing and good WOM. If it's an Oscar contender, than that's even better. 

Why would it be an oscar contender?

300M for a drama film? The odds of that happening are like 0.000000000000000000000000000000001%

Why would it be an oscar contender?

Mainly because of the release date, and the fact that's its more of a character drama rather than space spectacle. Although with that reported budget, things could have been changed/added. 

It really doesn't need to get to 300m to prove its stars are draw. Just because Ethan put that number out there doesn't somehow make it the goal. I think reaching anywhere near 200m would be great success for this and more than prove its star power.

It's a space romance, not some big action thriller. No matter how good the script or cast are, it still has an appeal which isn't as wide as your general action tentpole. People can ignore that and throw out insane numbers, that doesn't make those numbers viable goals.

Okay can you please explain how the film could reach 300M?

(argueably) two of the biggest stars in the world, and releasing in the Christmas season almost gurantees legs. I don't know too much about the film (and I want to remain that way until the trailer) but, while 300M is a tad of a stretch, it would be ludicrous to argue against its potential to be big.

Jlaw is gonna pull a Jolie on the set of Passenger, she s gonna steal Pratt from Farris and they ll become new Hollywood royalty, sharing Private Jets, private luxury boats with Jolie Pitt/Pitt & B/Jay Z & Taylor Swift/Calvin Harris etc.

Jlaw is gonna pull a Jolie on the set of Passenger, she s gonna steal Pratt from Farris and they ll become new Hollywood royalty, sharing Private Jets, private luxury boats with Jolie Pitt/Pitt & B/Jay Z & Taylor Swift/Calvin Harris etc.

If she were Gonna pull a Jolie...

Then...

Tons of Asian babies just found a new mother.

Ok, that's insensitive. Good on you Jolie.

I'm still making fun.

Has someone told the new york daily news that the movie hasn't started production yet or no?

Now now, there's no need to let facts get in the way of rumors. :lol:

Though they should be late into pre production, they're scheduled to start filming in Georgia this month.

Edited by TalismanRing

It's not reaching 100M let alone multiple hundreds.

Chris Pratt and Jennifer lawrence could star in a film together where they are grocery baggers and it would hit $100m. I would be shocked if a sci-film set in space,(even if it is romance) with a Oscar nominated director, starring young Meryl Streep and King of the Box office man. releasing in December. didn't hit $100m.