A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

have you seen the film? She is in it for like 20 minutes. Bale is the lead character, Cooper is a supporting actor but by far the biggest supporting in the movie.

I did. And Adams is bigger than Cooper who earned more and Renner who was paid as much as her and Lawrence. It was bs.

2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I did. And Adams is bigger than Cooper who earned more and Renner who was paid as much as her and Lawrence. It was bs.

How is that BS? Bradley Cooper is a way bigger name than Amy Adams... this is not about sexism it's about who is the bigger star.

Please, feel free to write an argument about how Amy Adams is a bigger box office star than Bradley Cooper. I'll wait.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

How is that BS? Bradley Cooper is a way bigger name than Amy Adams... this is not about sexism it's about who is the bigger star.

Please, feel free to write an argument about how Amy Adams is a bigger box office star than Bradley Cooper. I'll wait.

Her part was bigger is what I meant. But do feel free to write one on how Renner is as big as her and Lawrence if you wanna make it about that.

24 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

622508805.gif

....If this salary was somehow decided before she made the whole essay on the wage gap, then yes, it would've made her look like a hypocrite. But this salary was decided AFTER she spoke out about the injustice between the pay of men and women. Therefore, it seems to me like her voicing her opinion actually had a desired effect on Hollywood. Thanks.

I think we're on the same page, I assume you're saying she's not a hypocrite?

14 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Her part was bigger is what I meant. But do feel free to write one on how Renner is as big as her and Lawrence if you wanna make it about that.

Renner was hired to be the lead and his contract reflected that.  When his role was changed to accommodate Bale taking the lead his contract remained in tact.

Of the lot, Adams is the one who underpaid for what she was signed to do and her comparative star power.

On 9/9/2015 at 7:10 PM, Kalo said:

Chris Pratt and Jennifer lawrence could star in a film together where they are grocery baggers and it would hit $100m. I would be shocked if a sci-film set in space,(even if it is romance) with a Oscar nominated director, starring young Meryl Streep and King of the Box office man. releasing in December. didn't hit $100m.

this is old but I think it needs to be reminded now that Chris Pratt hasn't led a non franchise film yet and JLaw seems to be fading starpower wise a bit based on Joy and even the last Hunger Games

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Renner was hired to be the lead and his contract reflected that.  When his role was changed to accommodate Bale taking the lead his contract remained in tact.

Of the lot, Adams is the one who underpaid for what she was signed to do and her comparative star power.

Agreed on Adams.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jennifer-lawrence-chris-pratt-s-802876

Well the budget is $150m and $120m after tax incentives.   Way more than the $95m I saw quoted earlier.   That's a hell of a lot for a film that's mostly drama/romance in space.    Did they film it on location in space and add in a graphic alien attack where it looks like Pratt was raped? :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this is old but I think it needs to be reminded now that Chris Pratt hasn't led a non franchise film yet and JLaw seems to be fading starpower wise a bit based on Joy and even the last Hunger Games

yeah Jen's star power is def fading. Joy probably won't even make 100 million WW and won't make a huge profit. and it's true that chris pratt has only lead big movies. but I still think the film will do well. All the space movies have done well. and I think people would want to see a romance featuring 2 huge stars. The budget is very big though.

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I like Pratt (more as a person than actor) but yeah hearing him talk about hunting, especially when it's not primarily about putting food on the table makes me :o:unsure::(:angry:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hunting/2012/02/interview-chris-pratt-talks-about-hunting-tanning-and-squirrels

Wow, this is disgusting. One of the reasons I'm proud of my country is that we don't have this distasteful tradition of murdering animals for fun.

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

yeah Jen's star power is def fading. Joy probably won't even make 100 million WW and won't make a huge profit. and it's true that chris pratt has only lead big movies. but I still think the film will do well. All the space movies have done well. and I think people would want to see a romance featuring 2 huge stars. The budget is very big though.

I dunna, I can see the "too much talking and not enough action" aspect of Passengers, especial if what I've heard about the original script being a mess is true. It probably won't help either, if Sony decides to sell the film like it's a thriller.

With the budget over 100m+, the script has obviously had changes. I'd imagine that several action sequences are being added. Plus it looks like they've built a huge set for the spaceship and that costs money too. This is no longer just the average sci-fi romance

• Like 1