A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have gotten the trailer for this before every movie I have seen recently. I'm gonna see it, studio, no need to shove it down my throat! Lol

I think since they released the trailer so close to release, they're trying to get it to spread that it's coming out.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have gotten the trailer for this before every movie I have seen recently. I'm gonna see it, studio, no need to shove it down my throat! Lol

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think since they released the trailer so close to release, they're trying to get it to spread that it's coming out.

Yeah, and it came out during the doldrums of summer end, so not as many people were going to the movies then.

The new TrailMix is out and it doesn't say there is a new trailer  but does say something about 'Advanced Screening Slides' and 'Premier Slides' which I don't understand.

I was under the impression there will only be the one trailer and then TV spots. We are getting pretty close to release for a second trailer to have any impact.

I have personally liked everything I've seen from this movie so far. I'm just gonna wait and see what kind of reactions it gets once reviews are out. My ticket is booked either way, and has been since the cast and concept were announced. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I was under the impression there will only be the one trailer and then TV spots. We are getting pretty close to release for a second trailer to have any impact.

I have personally liked everything I've seen from this movie so far. I'm just gonna wait and see what kind of reactions it gets once reviews are out. My ticket is booked either way, and has been since the cast and concept were announced. 

Yeah, there might only be one trailer.  The new tv spots do have bits of new footage, though.

You can get tickets now if you live in the UK http://passengersmovietickets.co.uk/

Agreed. It's actiony and glitzy enough for foreign markets plus romance for counterprogramming. Also, there must be some positive feedback cause Rogue One is increasingly slipping hints of Jyn/Cassian romance. Nothing overt but this newest spot called Jyn and Cassian definitely wants you to think there's going to be something between them. And Passengers is direct competition with a full-blown romance in space. So I guess they are trying "me too" strategy. Hey, GA, if you want romance, we have it too.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

I think Sony is botching the marketing for this as well. I used to think this was a 200m + domestic grosser but there is no real hype or awards buzz for this and Im expecting reviews to be mediocre to bad. I think 130-135m is a more reachable target and that's only because of the stars + holiday legs. 

Overseas it should do better though, probably 200-300m. 

I don't think this was ever gonna be an award player, anyway.

I do feel like Sony has been ineffective with their marketing for most of their movies this year, and this is no exception, unfortunately.

The hype should be much higher considering the star power and concept. I'm hyped for this, but I do worry about reviews. Right now my expectations are being kept in check, and I'm basically just waiting for the media tour to kick in.

• Like 3