A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

6 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

There is middle ground between Funny Fat Dude and Generic Leading Man. I mean look at Jonah Hill, he's been super fat and skinny and sort of fat and he's always giving interesting performances.

Of course - but he took on a role in a movie that was badly written and somewhat generic. I still enjoyed that movie, but that's what the role was.

Would I rather see him in more roles like Star-lord over Owen Grady? Of course. But not every role can be a huge winner and a perfect fit for Pratt's comedic abilities. 

BTW, some people who read the script said his character in this is actually pretty funny. That doesn't come across much in the trailer, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist in the movie.

My main point stands though... this has nothing to do with his weight.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gumby said:

From what I've heard from someone who's been in contact with both of them, that's probably spot on.

Pratt is supposed to be a great guy.  Very untypical in Hollywood.  

JLaw is a completely different person from the nice girl who made Winter's Bone.

She was like 12 when she made that movie, lol. ( I kid)

36 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm not saying he should literally get fat again. My main issue is with his increasingly dull screen presence. We have enough handsome white dudes in Hollywood already.

This is absurd.  Right now he is probably one of the actors people will pay to see.  

I think the trailer is terrific and I love how they set it up to look like a romance, a mystery and an action film.  I pretty much love everything about the trailer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Damianport1 said:

Its doesnt look like anything special or new. But i dont think anybody was expecting it. Anyway, its gonna make huge money and who knows, it might even beat Rogue one which is not getting any buzz at all i feel. This vs Rogue vs Sing will be intereing battle in dec

as for awards, i was predicting it for Productions Design (the best thing about this trailer, its stunning), sound editing and Visual effects and i stand by it. 3 noms. Could be better if reviews are good

This has as much chance of beating Rogue One as Blair Witch does of out grossing Conjuring.

• Like 4

• Community Manager
39 minutes ago, Gumby said:

From what I've heard from someone who's been in contact with both of them, that's probably spot on.

Pratt is supposed to be a great guy.  Very untypical in Hollywood.  

JLaw is a completely different person from the nice girl who made Winter's Bone.

I mean sure but I think my real problem is that Chris Pratt is 10 years older than J-Law and in the trailer, he didn't seem into her that much. Maybe the actual movie will change my mind.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I mean sure but I think my real problem is that Chris Pratt is 10 years older than J-Law and in the trailer, he didn't seem into her that much. Maybe the actual movie will change my mind.

Don't worry about the second bit lol

As for ten years, it's tame compared to ol Tommy Cruise

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It's time Hollywood starts reversing the trends and switching the roles up. Pair the older woman up with the younger man.

• Like 1

Just looked at the ship more and realize the empty space is space for the spinning centrifuge of those 3 giant looking scythes which has to be really huge to create artificial gravity because right now, small spinning ones won't work.  If it stops, they lose gravity and hence in the scenes you see them floating.  At least they try to be realistic when in the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

And Tele is all wrong once again.

Michelle Monaghan is one of the best character actress working right  now in Hollywood.

She had to make us believe she was swept off her feet by Adam Sandler in Pixels.

Amazing performance, very underrated.

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

If this was a story of like J-Law falling in love with her law professor, I'd probably be like "legit, yeah I could see that".

I just think it has that perfect holiday feel to it.  Two very likable actors, two good looking actors, a grandiose stage, a familiar plot, romance, action, mystery and as great time of year.  This might be my most anticipated film of the holidays now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blair Witch failed Baumer said:

This is absurd.  Right now he is probably one of the actors people will pay to see.  

I think the trailer is terrific and I love how they set it up to look like a romance, a mystery and an action film.  I pretty much love everything about the trailer.

I think this should have been the last trailer before release.

They should have cut a first slow trailer that introduces the premise with a bit of mystery.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's time Hollywood starts reversing the trends and switching the roles up. Pair the older woman up with the younger man.

Pairing Amy Adams up with the decade-younger Henry Cavill is one of the few cool things the DCEU has done. And so casually too. If only she got anything to actually do in those movies

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

To be fair Cruise looks like he hasn't aged a day in the last fifteen years so he gets away with it.

19 minutes ago, Blair Witch failed Baumer said:

Cool. I was just giving my take on the subject.