Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Hmm, I thought Avengers and IM3 worked because they tried to break the mold and subert formula and expectations. Maybe I just saw a different film.And yes, Rebecca Hall is lovely and not given enough to do here.

We have to discuss this film in a certain podcast. 

• Like 2

Would've been funny if they kept changing Tony's villain. It's the Mandarin! It's... Killian! It's... Rebecca Hall! It's... Don Cheadle?  

Or Pepper she mad at him for years for sleeping with other woman and master mind behind it all. 

• Like 1

Other question I kept thinking. What the fuck is wrong with Pepper that she'd keep going back to this guy? He's nearly gotten her killed 30 times now. Yet after each near death experience and getting injected with firesteroids her biggest concern is Tony. Dafuq?

He is Iron Man. B)

• Like 2

About TA... Lol you nolanites can't simply believe the fact a fun light hearted film can be well liked... Everything has to be dark and tedious and cynical.

It appears you do not understand people like both when they are both well done!

Change the record - you're like Joseph McCarthy, seeing commies Nolanites where there aren't any. :)

Marvel does what it does well. But I think the amount of money blockbusters make right now belies the fact that they're stuck in one of the biggest creative ruts ever.

Big movies are getting bigger and fewer, so the desire to take risks goes straight out the window. And the increasing weight towards OS box office all but guarantees they'll be neutered further still.  

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

Other question I kept thinking. What the fuck is wrong with Pepper that she'd keep going back to this guy? He's nearly gotten her killed 30 times now. Yet after each near death experience and getting injected with firesteroids her biggest concern is Tony. Dafuq?

Pepper is such a thankless role. She wa sbarely in the movie to care when she supposedly died and the romance just doesn`t work. It`s a boring relationship, so much so the writers know that and try to keep them apart a smuch as possible. They were great boss/secretary pairing in the first but the hook-up is a snooze.

Pepper is such a thankless role. She wa sbarely in the movie to care when she supposedly died and the romance just doesn`t work. It`s a boring relationship, so much so the writers know that and try to keep them apart a smuch as possible. They were great boss/secretary pairing in the first but the hook-up is a snooze.

Gotta agree with you Fish, I just don't see them as a couple. They worked better as friends IMO. And with Tony neck-deep in the superhero business, being in dangers more often than not, I don't feel like they would work long-term. The relationship is kinda skewed, with Pepper being the one constantly on edge worrying while Tony just does whatever the hell he pleases  :lol:

Change the record - you're like Joseph McCarthy, seeing commies Nolanites where there aren't any. :)

Marvel does what it does well. But I think the amount of money blockbusters make right now belies the fact that they're stuck in one of the biggest creative ruts ever.

Big movies are getting bigger and fewer, so the desire to take risks goes straight out the window. And the increasing weight towards OS box office all but guarantees they'll be neutered further still.  

Agree with all of this.

And what's up with the idea that anti-Marvel = Nolanite. I've been accused of being a Nolanite so many times, it's ridiculous. I like Nolan and prefer his style but nowhere near on the level of looniness of the majority of the forum.

• Like 2