#ED

Weekend Estimates - (Pain & Gain: 20M, The Big Wedding: 7.5M)

I think P&G has one of those deal where once the studio breaks even on their investments, most of the profits will go to the main players - the producers, Bay, The Rock and Wahlberg. Bay signed a two for one deal with Paramount (TF4 + P&G) and this was Paramount's way of thanking him for all the previous Transformers movies.

This April is really lackluster, all the major releases are just there, nothing special. Apart from 42, I haven't seen anything from this month. From the look of it so far, I think April next year looks way better.Anyone would recommend Pain and Gain? I'm really free this weekend so figure I might watch a movie, is it worth it? Mindless fun works for me.

I loved Evil Dead and it's BO performance was good
  • Like 1

[....]and this was Paramount's way of thanking him for all the previous Transformers movies.

I'd love to believe that, but it was just so he would direct #4. If he didn't agree to do the next Transformer's film, there would have been no thank you project. In this case, it was in Paramount's interest purely on a business level which is usually the only criteria one uses in Hollywood unfortunately. 

I'd love to believe that, but it was just so he would direct #4. If he didn't agree to do the next Transformer's film, there would have been no thank you project. In this case, it was in Paramount's interest purely on a business level which is usually the only criteria one uses in Hollywood unfortunately. 

I think this is correct as Bay signed a two movie deal with Paramount ( P&G + TF4).

• Like 1