Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Yeah, no shit.. If I am wrong and I probably am at this point, I still wouldn't exactly throw 160M OW for a 3rd installment under a bus just yet.. That's still pretty good, but YES, No where near the 185-200M I thought it would do.. Now, I want to literally destroy something with great fury.. :bash: 

The thing about this film is that no matter what it does, whether it is 140 or 160 OW, those are FUCKING HUGE NUMBERS.  This is what some of us are forgetting.  These are numbers that a handful of films have done.  I know we are the nerds that want it do hugely stupid numbers, but these are hugely huge numbers.  We have to remember that.

Seriously though, this'll probably do around 60m. Not 'omg amazing', but still a huge OD, which will lead to a more than satisfactory opening. Just not the explosion we were hoping for after seeing OS results.

• Like 2

Ummm how is that? Without Avengers this opens below IM2, instead it's going to beat it by $30m OW. Pretty big "effect" if you ask me.

3D and inflation helps too though. Even with a conservative estimate for the 3D boost and inflation, IM2 would open around $145m if released in 2013 with 3D.

• Like 2

Ummm how is that? Without Avengers this opens below IM2, instead it's going to beat it by $30m OW. Pretty big "effect" if you ask me.

No where near as pronounced as it has been OS though. 3D is giving it a boost aswell.

• Like 1

The thing about this film is that no matter what it does, whether it is 140 or 160 OW, those are FUCKING HUGE NUMBERS.  This is what some of us are forgetting.  These are numbers that a handful of films have done.  I know we are the nerds that want it do hugely stupid numbers, but these are hugely huge numbers.  We have to remember that.

That didn't saved The Hobbit from being a Floppit :lol:

Just like Iron Man 3 not grossing over a Billion right? How did that prediction work out for you?

And what did you predict for IM3 to gross on opening day and total?  My prediction was 140 mill for the weekend.  

3D and inflation helps too though. Even with a conservative estimate for the 3D boost and inflation, IM2 would open around $145m if released in 2013 with 3D.

Very true but it still looks like it will beat that #, for a third entry that is impressive. No other way to put it.
  • Like 1

Looks like 'dat Avengers effect' is having little effect in the US.

After IM2 shouldn't the OW for IM3 gone down? 

Way down?

Look like the Avenger's effect and IM2's effect canceled each other out to some degree in the US.

Or maybe expecting an opening close to Avengers was always illogical.

Right now Friday hasn't turned out like anything yet.  These numbers could go way up or even down a bit.  They really are guessing at this point.  

• Like 2