Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

What happened with Oz??! I mean, i just read that with 400 screens less than last week it had a +0.6 jump, when it was on a clear and obvious downfall... did they make some special advertising or promo for this week?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2013&wknd=18&p=.htm

It's pretty funny getting all the newbies reactions to Oz's bump.

I saw how BO.com knew it was going to happen in their weekend projections and chuckled.

• Like 1

I don't mean to crash the party here, but why are people predicting $50M+ for Sunday all of the sudden? Just because your theater is packed doesn't mean this will go up significantly. IIRC, Nikki gave special Sunday night updates for TDK and TA by around this time, and we haven't seen any kind of official update for this...

Yes and Nikki also gave us 38274726372623 updates this weekend just like TA and TDK.

I'm not being a troll, or being a hater, or trying to start an argument. I just got back from the movie and I thought it was pretty lackluster and disappointing to say the least. 

I saw a 7:30 2D show. 500/550 seats, so pretty busy though. 

Got back from the film a little while ago -- I can see why people are disappointed. The movie wasn't very tight. It probably would have been much stronger (and kept that 90+% on RT) if they had stuck with extremis storyline and

cut out the Mandarin, or made Mandarin actually the main villain.

They did a lot right though, and I think it will grow on me -- I like that they finally figured out that we need an epic last battle between iron man and his main villain. The last two movies had great lead-ups and then a few punches to finish the actual fight with Monger and Whiplash. The final battle in IM3 was great.

• Like 2

Rth is online!!!!

He updated the Aus number over at OS thread. I think it's still early for him to say anything about Sun numbers. Isn't it usually 2 hours from now?

He updated the Aus number over at OS thread. I think it's still early for him to say anything about Sun numbers. Isn't it usually 2 hours from now?

I assume the numbers will be winding down earlier considering it's Sunday night.

Accio Rth!

Posted Image

This ain't right at all. That's not an accio spell, that's Slughorn using a spell to create a shield around Hogwarts.

I'm offended by this gif, you monster.

• Like 6

I am hoping for over $47 mil for im3

This ain't right at all. That's not an accio spell, that's Slughorn using a spell to create a shield around Hogwarts.

I'm offended by this gif, you monster.

so are you trying to keep me in or out :)