Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

The best part about the Avengers Assembling in a circle scene, its seeing all that wait buzz and hype, all that effort all that time from the previous films all working towards that epic shot... 

• Like 1

The best part about the Avengers Assembling in a circle scene, its seeing all that wait buzz and hype, all that effort all that time from the previous films all working towards that epic shot... 

I just wish they didn't include it in the trailer. Shoulda saved it only for the movie.

• Like 1

Also I would like to caution everyone on what happens for almost every blockbuster. Expectations are tempered trying to be reasonable and smart before the film opens with a few members reaching for the sky. Midnight numbers (previews also) come out and people start getting excited. As the day progresses more people talk about sellouts and box office sites start to report big numbers. The excitement builds as the OW predictions climb higher and higher. Then they reach a point of insanity where the movie has no chance to hit expectations and the opening day gross is viewed as a disappointment. The board then goes extremely negative dropping expectations by 10-20m+ and people start to think the movie is a bomb and that WOM isn't really that good. So now we have the movie at an insanely low benchmark to pass. Saturday rolls around and reports start coming in on how full matinees are and people start to raise their predictions as box office sources report a bigger Saturday then expected. Expectations then rise slowly as people want to be cautious, because of the highs and lows that occurred before and the movie winds up about where most people had it before OW and most members are satisfied with the opening weekend number. So let's just say right now it'll open to 165-175m DOM and save ourselves the trouble? Haha like that'll happen.

Remember this from earlier? Yeah this sums up the whole thread :rock: Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 3

Did you cry.

I didn't  ^_^  But being a big fan of Tony Stark, I must say there's quite a few times I went "Oh, Tony" or "aw, poor the guy"

For me, RDJ really brought his best performance as Tony Stark in IM3.

• Like 2