Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Given the choice between Lone Ranger and Pirates 5, I'd much rather go see Lone Ranger.  At the very least, it's something new and fresh.

It isn't either of those things. If that is the standard for new and fresh in 2013, then Hollywood is even more bankrupt on ideas than I realized.

Here are my new theaters numbers. Just remember it has 3 fewer screens and no where near the attendance Kingwood did.

MOVIE Previews Friday Total

IRON MAN 3      
2D 132 586 718
3D 17 275 292
3D IDX 58 478 536
Total 207 1339 1546
+/-      
Ratio 0.36 0.56 0.54
  • Like 7

It isn't either of those things. If that is the standard for new and fresh in 2013, then Hollywood is even more bankrupt on ideas than I realized.

They made a movie about Battleship. The board game Battleship. I'd say they're pretty bankrupt on ideas.

• Like 2

Here are my new theaters numbers. Just remember it has 3 fewer screens and no where near the attendance Kingwood did.

MOVIE Previews Friday Total         IRON MAN 3       2D 132 586 718 3D 17 275 292 3D IDX 58 478 536 Total 207 1339 1546 +/-       Ratio 0.36 0.56 0.54

3D is a big bust for this movie, lol.

I mean, Johnny Depp IS wearing a different funny hat  :D

• Like 1

Well I sort of meant that just compared to Pirates 5 it looked like something different.

Not necessarily compared to other 2013 movies.

So last from Nikki 65-70, seeing if thought 70 was doable it well could be, think some would like 75 but I don't see it getting that high, would think just under/over 70, so many variable with films taking this much $ slightly out in calc can throw off millions

• Like 25

So last from Nikki 65-70, seeing if thought 70 was doable it well could be, think some would like 75 but I don't see it getting that high, would think just under/over 70, so many variable with films taking this much $ slightly out in calc can throw off millions

Thanks.

I hear you say 72 mill :lol:

• Like 2