Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I actually think the Iron Man 3 score is up there

Thor's theme was fantastic though, really sad it wasn't in Avengers

Haven't seen it yet, either tonight or tomorrow at this point.

I actually think the Iron Man 3 score is up there

Thor's theme was fantastic though, really sad it wasn't in Avengers

Also, I'm really crushed that Patrick Doyle is not returning for The Dark World. The theme better stay

Also, I'm really crushed that Patrick Doyle is not returning for The Dark World. The theme better stay

The theme better stay, and it better be incorporated into Avengers 2  :angry:

• Like 2

China $40.0MKorea $31.8MUK $30.2MMexico $29.5MFrance $24.8MAustralia $23.8MBrazil $22.9MItaly $15.4MTaiwan $12.6MRussia $12.5MJapan $12.3MPhilippines $10.9MIndia $9.2MMalaysia $9.0MHong Kong $8.9MIndonesia $8.7MSpain $7.7MOther $78.1M

Overseas Total $388.3M

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-05-01-global-iron-man3-closes-in-on-250m

South Korea and Mexico total grosses are absolutely insane.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

I prefer IM3 in pretty much everyway. Well I guess TDKR had a better ending, but other than that...

I think IM3's ending was better. 

Instead of playing coy with the audience like Nolan did, Black & Pearce made it clear that Tony is going to have a new beginning. Hence the Clean Slate Protocol. Tony's entire life is a clean slate now. Every bit of his old existence was destroyed or changed, from his home to his suits to the arc reactor and shrapnel in his chest. All that was left is the man himself, who proclaimed, "I am Iron Man," just as he did at the end of the first film. Everything that happened actually mirrors different developments from the comics; Tony has lost everything numerous times, he had the shrapnel removed and eventually got a heart transplant, etc. The end of

Iron Man Three can be seen as the perfect coda to a trilogy, or it can be viewed as a new beginning for a character who still has plenty of potential in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

• Like 2

Marvel wanted Doyle back and Burwell has a history of adapting other composers' themes. They'll be back, but probably only for a cameo or two.

Was he just tied up with something else? (Probably Jack Ryan)

I think IM3's ending was better. 

Instead of playing coy with the audience like Nolan did, Black & Pearce made it clear that Tony is going to have a new beginning. Hence the Clean Slate Protocol. Tony's entire life is a clean slate now. Every bit of his old existence was destroyed or changed, from his home to his suits to the arc reactor and shrapnel in his chest. All that was left is the man himself, who proclaimed, "I am Iron Man," just as he did at the end of the first film. Everything that happened actually mirrors different developments from the comics; Tony has lost everything numerous times, he had the shrapnel removed and eventually got a heart transplant, etc. The end of

Iron Man Three can be seen as the perfect coda to a trilogy, or it can be viewed as a new beginning for a character who still has plenty of potential in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

I love IM3's ending too. The retro retrospective with the groovy score was all kinds of awesome, but TDKR was brilliant. Alfred crying >>> everything.

• Like 3

Lolololol, coolio. This has nothing to do with being a Nolan fanboy, but IM1 is mildly entertaining at best. There's no way the IM trilogy could hold a candle to TDK

• Like 2

Lolololol, coolio. This has nothing to do with being a Nolan fanboy, but IM1 is mildly entertaining at best. There's no way the IM trilogy could hold a candle to TDK

Opinions and stuff

• Like 1

Stop thinking in absolutes Mr Milkshake.

• Like 1

I love IM3's ending too. The retro retrospective with the groovy score was all kinds of awesome, but TDKR was brilliant. Alfred crying >>> everything.

Alfred crying = Best thing humanity has ever invented.