Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Was he just tied up with something else? (Probably Jack Ryan)

From what I've gathered Doyle was originally set to score Jack Ryan and Thor 2, he even started work on JR earlier so he could do so. But once Branagh committed to Cinderella the post-production schedule changed on JR and the scoring sessions et all got moved to a point were it wasn't possible for him to score both.

• Like 2

Dat Michael Caine  :wub:

I'm so glad Nolan's putting him in everything

He is still one of the best actors in the world even as an old fart. My dad doesn't like the Nolan Batman movies (strongly prefers the Nicholson one), but he was impressed as hell with Caine's acting in TDKR. I popped in the Blu-ray and after about 30 minutes my dad was like, "Man, Michael Caine is the star of the show so far."

• Like 1

China $40.0MKorea $31.8MUK $30.2MMexico $29.5MFrance $24.8MAustralia $23.8MBrazil $22.9MItaly $15.4MTaiwan $12.6MRussia $12.5MJapan $12.3MPhilippines $10.9MIndia $9.2MMalaysia $9.0MHong Kong $8.9MIndonesia $8.7MSpain $7.7MOther $78.1MOverseas Total $388.3M http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-05-01-global-iron-man3-closes-in-on-250m South Korea and Mexico total grosses are absolutely insane.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

We're slipping!

To each his own, I understand I'm in the minority but I rate Nolan's Batflicks chronologically B-, C+ and D+. Without Ledger's Joker, I drop Dark Knight to a C- as well.

:rofl: :rofl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Like 2

He is still one of the best actors in the world even as an old fart. My dad doesn't like the Nolan Batman movies (strongly prefers the Nicholson one), but he was impressed as hell with Caine's acting in TDKR. I popped in the Blu-ray and after about 30 minutes my dad was like, "Man, Michael Caine is the star of the show so far."

I know, my dad was like...

'Wow! LOOK AT MICHAEL CAINE'S SPEED! THE FEROCITY!'

I love how Caine was going full on Rocky 3 blow by blow analysis there.

• Like 2

I love IM3's ending too. The retro retrospective with the groovy score was all kinds of awesome, but TDKR was brilliant. Alfred crying >>> everything.

Alfred crying left me cold. Was it reality or Inception? is what I thought they were going for in that scene. I neither need nor want everything spelled out in a movie, but that struck me as a manipulative cop-out. 

• Like 2

Alfred crying left me cold. Was it reality or Inception? is what I thought they were going for in that scene. I neither need nor want everything spelled out in a movie, but that struck me as a manipulative cop-out.

Obviously it's a dream. But it was a bit self indulgent.

:rofl: :rofl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, I said I knew I was in the minority... Just didn't find Rises even remotely compelling. I did like the structure of Begins and I loved Nolan and Ledger's take on The Joker. Aside from that, trilogy left me flat. I recall having a laughing a tantrum when Alfred and Bruce "broke up" and Caine bawled like a child. It reminded me of Coogan's Caine impersonation and set me off. I had to leave the theater to compose myself. Then, I felt kind of guilty and hoped I didn't ruin the moment for some of the patrons sitting near me.

A have two friends that are convinced Rises intentions were comedy more so than drama. Another, regarding a scene with Bats, Bane and Dagget, believed it a commentary on speech impediments.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

Obviously it's a dream. But it was a bit self indulgent.

I assumed that too, but...

...the majority of fans think it was real and Nolan either intimated as much or confirmed it outright.

Hey, I said I knew I was in the minority... Just didn't find Rises even remotely compelling. I did like the structure of Begins and I loved Nolan and Ledger's take on The Joker. Aside from that, trilogy left me flat. I recall having a laughing a tantrum when Alfred and Bruce "broke up" and Caine balled like a child. It reminded me of Coogan's Caine impersonation and set me off. I had to leave the theater to compose myself. Then, I felt kind of guilty and hoped I didn't ruin the moment for some of the patrons sitting near me.

Posted Image

• Like 2