Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I think Jar Jar Binks was right about the SM1 comparison earlier. SM1's Sunday was Cinco de Mayo and it fell 27%, so Disney is using that as a guideline since today is Cinco de Mayo. SM1 had pretty insane word of mouth, so for it to drop that hard on Sunday there probably is some truth to the Cinco effect.

Interesting comparison. Considering that SM1's Saturday attendance is right up there with TA, it might be the barometer for IM3 to follow. Also both Iron Man's are near the bottom in May openers Sunday drops. Hopefully we don't have another THG Sunday performer on our hands. :P

They did some research, just nothing comparable to RDJ and Hiddleston who claim to have read every Iron Man and Thor comic respectively.

The Burton thing is a common misconception though. I know Michael Keaton and Danny Elfman both said that Burton gave them a stack of comics when he approached them about the movie.

• Like 1

They did some research, just nothing comparable to RDJ and Hiddleston who claim to have read every Iron Man and Thor comic respectively.

The Burton thing is a common misconception though. I know Michael Keaton and Danny Elfman both said that Burton gave them a stack of comics when he approached them about the movie.

They definitely did some research and they got a lot of things right on the surface (like Joker's origin is straight out of Killing Joke pretty much), but they threw it all away at the end with the twists involving the character. The thing about him killing Bruce's parents? Far worse than this Mandarin twist that people keep bitching about in IM3.

And then they took a Joker who is asking Batman to kill him in the streets of Gotham to looking like a man who doesn't want to die when he's hanging from that helicopter, and then he screams like a little girl when he falls. Total contradiction from what we saw 10-15 minutes earlier where he was begging that "gruesome son of a bitch" to kill him. Had they stuck with that fearless psychology through the end of the film, it would have been a more accurate representation of the Joker character's personality.

• Like 2

I'm the only one who likes the Prince soundtrack, aren't I?

Partyman gets regular playtime on my phone.

TRUST is a favourite of mine.

Hubba, hubba hubba. Money, money money. Who do ya trust?

• Like 3