Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

well it was a great weekend for me , started with IM3 viewing on friday and capped it off with IM3 viewing on sundy afternoon! in between was rather blech RL-wise but great following this thread rollercoaster madness...

as always movies are a great distraction as they should be when they're just that good!

762 posts since this morning. I'm tired and jet lagged but I made it to a 7:45pm show near my hotel.  The theater was PACKED to the rafters with all kinds of people. It was so much fun. I loved it.

• Like 4

762 posts since this morning. I'm tired and jet lagged but I made it to a 7:45pm show near my hotel.  The theater was PACKED to the rafters with all kinds of people. It was so much fun. I loved it.

:) Glad you loved it.I'm seeing it in 3 hours for the 2nd time.

:lol: looks whose travelling now.  And watching a show after a long distance flight?  Kudos :)

It just might be over 50m. Lots of sell outs today.

I don't know about sellouts in my area, but my show was probably near full.  just a few seats way up front.  I'm looking for another surprise number on the upside. 

Man, I did. I'm still thinking about it. Do we have international weekend numbers?

175M weekend 504.8M total.  :wub:

It just might be over 50m. Lots of sell outs today.

Sellouts look strong. I think it'll be around 50M today.  :D

Estimated at 175.9M, 0.6M bigger than domestic.

Dayum!  China and Russia kind of skews that drop but would have been a great hold even without them. But dayum!

175M weekend 504.8M total.  :wub:

Sellouts look strong. I think it'll be around 50M today.  :D

Very well could be. Theater was packed when I went.

Posted Image

This is madness. I've been very busy this weekend and wasn't able to track the Saturday numbers. This is just madness.

Iron Man 3 is about to be crowned as the 2nd best opening next to no other than The Avengers. After having a perfect end of weekend watching this little gem of a Brazillian flick called "Buddies" with my lady, this news are the best I could got to finish my weekend well.

This is Marvel's World now, folks. We just live in it.

RE: The "Buddies" film, here it's the subtitled trailer for the film:

http://youtu.be/M3c1joyTWgc]

I recommend it highly that those who get TA shot to check out, do it. I'm not the type of praising Brazilian films, but this was brilliant stuff.

Edited by iStark

I don't mean to crash the party here, but why are people predicting $50M+ for Sunday all of the sudden? Just because your theater is packed doesn't mean this will go up significantly. IIRC, Nikki gave special Sunday night updates for TDK and TA by around this time, and we haven't seen any kind of official update for this...

It is very possible. Theaters weren't ready for TA1's level of demand, so there was a shitload of spillover into the second weekend. This time around the theaters should be as prepared as possible for insane demand, so that should increase the number of showtimes available for TA2 compared to TA1. Then give it 3 years of inflation and 250 definitely looks more and more possible.

All I know is that I am going to feel real sorry for the poor bastards who are going to have movies being released, or in the same demo as TA2. They are going to get crushed!

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

I don't mean to crash the party here, but why are people predicting $50M+ for Sunday all of the sudden? Just because your theater is packed doesn't mean this will go up significantly. IIRC, Nikki gave special Sunday night updates for TDK and TA by around this time, and we haven't seen any kind of official update for this...

Eh I'm more interested if RTH has any updates.  

• Like 1