Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Something to consider: IM1 and Avengers' first Sundays didn't fall on Mother's Day. IM2's did and IM3's doesn't. I expect a 25-26% drop.65m54m40m159m weekendI don't know about any bad WOM either. My crowd freaking ate it up last night.

Well, Ive posted sources for mixed WOM....it's real.

• Like 1

But we wouldn't have gotten amazing Trevor/Kingsley.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I think that the probelm really isn`t the twist but

the fact that the real deal is lame. If the real deal was great himself up to that point, not as a villain but as a character than twist wouldn`t piss off. But they really played KINGsley genius to the max without trying anything with Pierce and now shit hit the fan. And it stinks! Stay away for at least 20 minutes!

I must see that scene.

Because there's no such thing as an "Avengers effect."

Oh there is otherwise IM3 would've been in the low 100's at best. Just like TH3 will most likely drop from TH2. In fact if the worst case TA effect was true this would open lower because it isn't TA ;)

Yeah, Avengers effect is bigger overseas because the 2 Iron Man movies were much more unknown overseas. But here the 2 Iron Man movies were already huge, so therefore less room for any Avengers effect.

Well, North America has known Marvel and Iron Man is cool since Iron Man 1. International audiences seem to have really just figured that out with Avengers. We're just ahead of the curve...but it mitigates the effect.I just pulled that out of my ass in case anyone wants to argue my point.

That makes sense. OS is always behind unless it`s something very known to them (HP) but once they get familar with the new thing sequels explode.

the trailer for this movie I hear was extreme false advertising

Eh, only if you had a problem with the twist.

You can't give it away in the trailer, otherwise that defeats the purpose. Trailers are very rarely 100% true though.

Numbers could still be from 55m-70m (no idea at the moment). So not dead, just dying. But a $150-$160 OW is still fantastic!

Not if you're fishnets. FAILURE!Fishnets I post enough to give you shit, right?

the trailer for this movie I hear was extreme false advertising

Yes and no. The film delivers on all the action the trailer promises (can't say the same for IM2). But I love the way they hid the second/third act from trailers and TV spots. Much of IM3 was a delightful surprise for me.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

They'll be ok but I agree, hype will outweigh reaction. I was pleasantly surprised but I was walking in expecting iron man 2...you will be impressed if you come in like that. If you're expecting avengers though...you'll be let down.

Or Iron Man 1 for that matter.

• Like 2

I remember hyping up the filmmakers themselves hyping up  Mandarin as the ultimate Iron Man villain, how it was all going to tie in the to the first movie, how the final battle was more epic than the Avengers and that Joss Whedon was wondering how he was going to top Iron Man 3 for Avengers 2. Jesus, maybe if they didn't overhype it so much expectations would have been more reasonable

No but I know you so all is good. In fact i`m shocked you have such a low post score. Were banned or something?

What did fishy say? I missed it all.And fish, I qualify to rub things in your face right? ;):ph34r: Edited by riczhang

Yes and no. The film delivers on all the action the trailer promises (can't say the same for IM2). But I love the way they hid the second/third act from trailers and TV spots. Much of IM3 was a delightful surprise for me.

The trailer tells you the general set pieces...but it doesn't spoil the story.