Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

lol i thought i'd never make it to the end of this thread.....

this thread up and downs is just as much comfort food to me as the iron man movies

love tony stark/iron man, like pepper , like happy even rhodes so  i'm just silly happy to spend 2hrs with them ...

oh and yeah i'm going to see it again tomorrow  :wub:

Did you cry?

This. Also Rahs Al Ghul isn't The Joker. The Mandarin is IMs "Joker". You don't have a fake joker.

The Mandarin isn't Iron Man's Joker. Iron Man doesn't have a Joker.

• Like 1

I loved the twist, but it's definitely not the exact same.

BB's marketing was not hyping Ken Watanabe's character to the max like IM3's marketing was hyping Kingsley's character.

True but seeing Trevor drink that beer was awesome.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Im pretty sure The Mandarin is known as Iron Mans biggest enemy in the comics.

I loved the twist, but it's definitely not the exact same.

BB's marketing was not hyping Ken Watanabe's character to the max like IM3's marketing was hyping Kingsley's character.

Be that as it may, it's still the same twist for all intents and purposes. What makes it even more similar is they did it with an Asian villain in each franchise, and had the Asian villain turn out to be some American dude.

:P My point is if it didn't bother people in BB I don't get why it would in IM3. The general audience isn't familiar with Mandarin same as they weren't familiar with Ra's Al Ghul. So it's something only comic book fans might find annoying.

I know the twist has literally been a non factor to everyone I've talked to so far. When I bring it up some of my friends have even asked what twist I'm talking about, lol.

Well there have been a bunch of Iron Man fanboys that insist on equating the two since Mandarin is supposedly Tony's arch nemesis. In terms of Ra's Al Ghul, that twist was perfect for a Nolanized version of the character. Instead of Lazarus Pits to keep himself alive forever, he uses decoys to make it seem that he can die and come back.

Numbers will be higher, way higher. Higher than any other superhero movie this year. Also, I honestly amused about the same old same old claiming IM3 will be getting a B+ Cinemascore. Audiences are LOVING the shit out of this film. Controversial, yes, but IM3 is the most clever and out of the left field superhero film ever made. IM3 will crush the BO this weekend and the weeks to come.Soon those rooting against this bad boy will understand what The Avengers Effect truly means. Rtheimdall will crush the DC fanboys hearts soon enough with his update. :)

Numbers will be higher, way higher. Higher than any other superhero movie this year. Also, I honestly amused about the same old same old claiming IM3 will be getting a B+ Cinemascore. Audiences are LOVING the shit out of this film. Controversial, yes, but IM3 is the most clever and out of the left field superhero film ever made. IM3 will crush the BO this weekend and the weeks to come.

Soon those rooting against this bad boy will understand what The Avengers Effect truly means. Rtheimdall will crush the DC fanboys hearts soon enough with his update. :)

Well that is certainly a new development. lol

• Like 2

Im pretty sure The Mandarin is known as Iron Mans biggest enemy in the comics.

Take it from someone who has been reading IM comics for a decade. Mandarin was never some major archenemy. He just happened to be the one who showed up the most among a bunch of shitty villains. There's a reason he doesn't have a single memorable arc like ala The Killing Joke or Knightfall. Mandarin was a crude racist caricature that has been re-written numerous times because writers still don't know how to go about portraying him in an acceptable unoffensive manner. Comparing Mandarin to the likes of Magneto, Doom, Loki etc is laughable.

• Like 1