Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

That's an extreme reach, unless you're calling Rth out. ;)

I'm not calling him out. One year ago his first update for TA was 70 and "maybe more." It ended up at almost 81. He is saying 65 at least for IM3 and "maybe more." Based on the numbers we knew about earlier, 70+ is still on the table.

• Like 2

That was the BOG number from hours ago. Rth has said 65M looks strong with lean towards higher gross so 160M is still very much alive. 

His initial report said 58 M - 64 M. Then updated it to "it's now CLOSER to 64 M. So after saying "it's closer", it could be like 70 M?

It seems like the numbers for this all day have been the most unreliable for a mega blockbuster in quite some time. We can't seem to get anything locked down.

Because they try to be fancy and report them while eastern theaters are rolling into matinee and western theaters are serving breakfast. Reliable late numbers is better than unreliable "9am just throwing shit out there then revising it 24 times until official estimate" numbers.

• Like 1

His initial report said 58 M - 64 M. Then updated it to "it's now CLOSER to 64 M. So after saying "it's closer", it could be like 70 M?

Not sure. I'm just waiting for Rth to confirm this number.

But didn't he already say 65 M? Do you think 70 M is still possible?

He said 65M with slight lean towards higher + west coast is usually strong for SH movies so 70M is still on the table. 

No. Depends where the #s go. People are reacting to a number from hours and hours ago

Ah, that's why I always skim through the previous pages to get the newest update.

Btw, I had never heard about Mandarin until IM3. So the twist didn't bother me at all. Heck before 2008, I always thought Iron Man was a lame superhero lol. Although,

Ben Kingsley could've been a much more exciting villain than Guy Pierce.

He said 65M with slight lean towards higher + west coast is usually strong for SH movies so 70M is still on the table. 

That would be amazing then, Lol, 70 M in one day. Movies these days.