Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

HNY 10 Days Trade Figure vs Producer figure

Fri 40.0 - 44.97

Sat 29.6 - 31.52

Sun 30.4 - 32.36

Mon 12.2 - 15.01

Tue 11.2 - 13.17

Wed 8.1 - 11.02

Thu 6.2 - 9.51

Fri 4.7 - 5.26

Sat 6.6 - 7.46

Sun 9.0 - 9.51

Total 158.0 - 179.8

So it will likely finish with 190 crore Trade figure or 215 crore Producer figure.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

It WAS too good to be true, comments are hilarious

f7030f09bad928bae864a7866c238c4e

" data-width="466">

Huge disappointment!

Not according to the producers. With a swollen chest, they have announced that HNY crossed the 300 crore mark in 10 days. (310 core = 235 domestic + 75 overseas).

I suspect they will somehow make it cross 400 crore.

• Like 1

Huge disappointment!

Definitely, but to be fair, it looked like shit to begin with.  

I think the year overall was a bit underwhelming.  BOI had a piece a few weeks back saying the run from 06-12 was remarkable but 13 and 14 were slight letdowns.  IMO that was to be expected with the economy, but the expansion wasn't going to sustain forever.

Any educated guesses as to how attendance has been over that period?  My first thought would be that 09 would come out on top, that stretch from Spring 08 (Tashan multiplex/distributor dispute) to late 09 (3 Idiots) was pretty impressive.

• Like 1

2014 was a horrible, horrible year for Bollywood movies in terms of both quality and box office gross. Ek Villain and PK are the only 2 wide releases which got any kind of unanimous critical consensus, I guess the fact that "Singham Returns" was not critically thrashed counts as a win as well, and Mardaani was also appreciated by a majority. Apart from these 4 movies (stretching the definition of critical consensus), nothing else was well reviewed at all. And no movies had any kind of legs, Kick benefited from the best release strategy where it released 3 days before Eid to maximise revenue, Happy New Year missed that trick, and these 2 are the biggest grossers of the year.

Here's hoping that 2015 is better.

PK is an amazing movie. Amir Khan is phenomenal. The movie is funny, poignant and topical. I consider it the best movie of the year. Currently Raju Hirani is undoubtedly the best director in India by a wide margin. I loved the chemistry b/w Amir and Anushka.

A+

• Like 2

PK is an amazing movie. Amir Khan is phenomenal. The movie is funny, poignant and topical. I consider it the best movie of the year. Currently Raju Hirani is undoubtedly the best director in India by a wide margin. I loved the chemistry b/w Amir and Anushka.

A+

Agreed! I just saw it yesterday, and wow it blew me away. The show I went to was 95% full (or even 100%, I wasn't sure) and it's vey rare for a Bollywood movie released here (Indonesia). Most of the crowds were Indians and they seemed REALLY loved it too. Some of them were clapping and cheering. And that

Ranbir Kapoor

cameo at the end, I didn't know at all he's gonna be in the movie. I think I squealed a little when I saw him, because he and Aamir Khan are my favorite Bollywood actors and I was so happy to see them on the same scene. I don't know if that's a spoiler so I'm using the tag anyway.

2014 was a horrible, horrible year for Bollywood movies in terms of both quality and box office gross. Ek Villain and PK are the only 2 wide releases which got any kind of unanimous critical consensus, I guess the fact that "Singham Returns" was not critically thrashed counts as a win as well, and Mardaani was also appreciated by a majority. Apart from these 4 movies (stretching the definition of critical consensus), nothing else was well reviewed at all. And no movies had any kind of legs, Kick benefited from the best release strategy where it released 3 days before Eid to maximise revenue, Happy New Year missed that trick, and these 2 are the biggest grossers of the year.

Here's hoping that 2015 is better.

What about 2 States? And Queen? I think they're pretty good. And they had legs too, especially Queen.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

Agreed! I just saw it yesterday, and wow it blew me away. The show I went to was 95% full (or even 100%, I wasn't sure) and it's vey rare for a Bollywood movie released here (Indonesia). Most of the crowds were Indians and they seemed REALLY loved it too. Some of them were clapping and cheering. And that

Ranbir Kapoor

cameo at the end, I didn't know at all he's gonna be in the movie. I think I squealed a little when I saw him, because Aamir Khan and him are my favorite Bollywood actors and I was so happy to see them on the same scene. I don't know if that's a spoiler so I'm using the tag anyway.

What about 2 States? And Queen? I think they're pretty good. And they had legs too, especially Queen.

Forgot about Queen. 2 States maybe, didn't particularly like that movie.

Edited by grim22