12. Monster Trucks - 2.0M

Moana - 1.9M

The Founder - 1.7M

Gold - 1.6M

Manchester by the Sea - 1.6M

Arrival - 1.3M

Fences - 1.2M

• Like 1

I actually would not be surprised if Dog's Purpose is number one on Sunday-just based off of the history of family films on Superbowl Sunday as they are the ones that don't get hit hard. (Or number 2 at least)

I kind of gotten bored of doing predictions over the past couple of years-I need something to bring my "mojo" back!

I'm gonna go both opening movies under $10M b/c I think everyone's waiting for next weekend's early Valentines to break out (and this weekend's movies are nothing to write home about)...I think this breaks horror's good opening streak to start the year, maybe b/c it's a threequel...

Rings $9M

The Space Between Us $6.2M

On 1/27/2017 at 2:18 AM, Blankments said:

Live by Night, Passengers, Trespass Against Us, and Fences are gone.

The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, Sleepless, The Bye Bye Man, Hell or High Water, Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, and Patriots Day are gone.

A Dog's Purpose - 15 (down 1)

Rings - 15 (debut)

Split - 15 (no change)
Hidden Figures - 10 (no change)
La La Land - 10 (no change)
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter - 6/4 (2D/3D) total 10 (no change)
The Space Between Us - 10 (debut)
Gold - 6 (down 4)
The Comedian - 5 (debut)

Lion - 5 (debut)

Sing - 5 (no change)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 3 (down 2)
xXx: The Return of Xander Cage - 3 (down 12)
Manchester by the Sea - 2 (up 1)
Monster Trucks - 2 (down 5)
Passengers - 2 (return)

Moana - 1 (down 2)
Moonlight - 1 (no change)

Both releases this weekend probably should of just been VOD.

I seriously didn't know Rings was the 3rd part to the Ring until a few days ago. (I just remember seeing a poster for it up forever and thinking "wow that film called Rings is actually coming out") Given the fact I saw nothing for Rings and I just read what it was a few days ago that is expected.

Space Between Us looks pretty lame meanwhile-Oldman you are a great actor (love it when he plays the villain!) but this does not seem like the type of film you should be in .

On 03/02/2017 at 2:05 AM, Impact said:

Both releases this weekend probably should of just been VOD.

I seriously didn't know Rings was the 3rd part to the Ring until a few days ago. (I just remember seeing a poster for it up forever and thinking "wow that film called Rings is actually coming out") Given the fact I saw nothing for Rings and I just read what it was a few days ago that is expected.

Space Between Us looks pretty lame meanwhile-Oldman you are a great actor (love it when he plays the villain!) but this does not seem like the type of film you should be in .

You've always been totally dismissive of any horror movie that comes out, Rings or not.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm kind of thinking Batman and Fifty Shades will be closer than we expect next weekend. Presales aren't letting down for Fifty Shades, and Batman hasn't sold anything out of this world.

Have there been any articles stating what sales are like in comparison to the first movie? I know tracking has had it at half/less than half of the first movie. And buzz does feel really muted for this one in comparison to the insanity of when the first came out.