kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

11 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I still can't get over the fact that critics and even some of you here are saying that this borrow heavily from Midnight Run which came out 30 years ago.  Who cares?  All we care about is were we entertained?  Did we laugh?  Did we enjoy the movie?  The answer to all of that is yes!

For me, the criticism is that it would have been better if it had been MORE like Midnight Run, which was a fantastic movie.

Yeah don't ask me why of all the tweets that are out there they chose to retweet mind. But I guess when Ryan Reynolds likes your tweet that gets people's attention. I feel and some small way like I'm a miniature part of Ryan Reynolds world. LOL.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

This was a lot of fun, My theatre was sold out and everyone really enjoyed it, tons of laughs. I hope they make a sequel. tenor.gif

That was one of the funniest parts of the movie.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

This is from the same director of Expendables 3? What the hell happened? The Hitmans Bodyguard is well made and has fun action, The Expendables 3 is piss poorly made with dreadful action. 

Possibly Patrick Hughs learning from his mistakes on The Expendables 3 and also allowing his cast to just have fun and improv quite a bit on set. 

22 minutes ago, Nova said:

Possibly Patrick Hughs learning from his mistakes on The Expendables 3 and also allowing his cast to just have fun and improv quite a bit on set. 

Not having someone like Stallone probably helped as well. I imagine Reynolds and Sam L Jackson were better to work with!

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

The best opening weekend of Reynolds career ?

Low competition/easy weekend, but still a bit of a death time a LG release and a really big number.

Safe House

Green Lantern

The Proposal

Deadpool???

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Not having someone like Stallone probably helped as well. I imagine Reynolds and Sam L Jackson were better to work with!

That's absolute rubbish.  You don't know anything about Stallone if you think he's a prick to work with.  Stallone picked Hughes to direct part 3 and Stallone is one of the hardest working guys in the business.  I haven't heard anything but good things about him in the last ten years.  He used to be a dick, but that was decades ago.

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Safe House

Green Lantern

The Proposal

Deadpool???

Was Green Lantern OW even good ? A 200+ million budget giant superheros movie supposed to start the DECU missing the top 10 OW of the year ? 12m below Thor, below First class, below planet of the apes. Look average to me.

Co-starring Bullock or Denzel, I would imagine the industry saw those 2 being mostly responsible for those great OW numbers.

Deadpool, total unknown open popular superheroes movies in the 9 figures these days... but it would be a good competition to that title for sure.

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Safe House

Green Lantern

The Proposal

Deadpool???

Ryan doesn't get credit for Safe House or The Proposal, remember. But had they failed you know where the blame would have went. 

Give it a year or two and THB will be put in the same category as Safe House and The Proposal 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Was Green Lantern OW even good ? A 200+ million budget giant superheros movie supposed to start the DECU missing the top 10 OW of the year ? 12m below Thor, below First class, below planet of the apes. Look average to me.

Co-starring Bullock or Denzel, I would imagine the industry saw those 2 being mostly responsible for those great OW numbers.

Deadpool, total unknown open popular superheroes movies in the 9 figures these days... but it would be a good competition to that title for sure.

At the time? Yes. It opened to $53M against scathing reviews and toxic WOM. $21M came from the first day alone so people were interested in it. And It's not like Green Lantern was a well known comic book character to the GA either. So had it gotten a good reception I'm sure it's OW would have been much higher especially when you look at its OD

Edited by Nova