Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : GOTG2 12.10M | FF8: 0.85M | HTBLL:0.58M

It's a good number for Guardians 2; it likely won't drop much more today than the 35% Civil War did last year, so the floor for the weekend is probably $63M. If the film is indeed catering to families more than other Marvel films, there could be a sizable upswing from that number.

12 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

I just wanna know if BATB can make 500M

If it has another 20-25% drop this week (likely, since it could increase on Mother's Day Sunday), Beast will get to $500M easily.

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

It's a good number for Guardians 2; it likely won't drop much more today than the 35% Civil War did last year, so the floor for the weekend is probably $63M. If the film is indeed catering to families more than other Marvel films, there could be a sizable upswing from that number.

If it has another 20-25% drop this week (likely, since it could increase on Mother's Day Sunday), Beast will get to $500M easily.

Actually, according to the audiences percentages it is appealing mostly to adults

Pro.boxoffice

Distributor Weekend Domestic Total through Sunday, May 14 % Change
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Disney $61,000,000 $247,247,000 -58.50%
Snatched Fox $18,000,000 $18,000,000 NEW
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Warner Bros. $17,900,000 $17,900,000 NEW
The Fate of the Furious Universal
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, daisyspring8 said:

I found the Blu-ray release date Jun 6, 2017 on bestbuy.ca... 

So the same day as Digital HD release apparently, which is unusual. Strange that other sites still say the release date is unannounced. In any case, this home release is much shorter than for their past live-action remakes. 

46 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

No we are not gonna take Exchange rates into consideration.

What why ? Box office following is pretty much only about taking stuff into consideration and the challenge of it for the pure fun of doing so.

It is pretty similar to people trying to adjust athlete performance among era for people into sport statistics  (at least if you are not into a franchise wars mindset and don't care much about what those movie actually do).

If you do not take exchange ratio into consideration you could make the mistake to think that Guardian 2 was not more popular at the box office than the first one in the UK/Aus and some other market and would lead to not predict the next one result correctly if the exchange rate change between time.

What is the flaw about exchange rate argument ?, unlike inflation it is a pretty much objective and clear metric, that do not require much more than a good exchange rate table to adjust every movie performance by it without any issue.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's true as well. The exchange rate argument does cut both ways. When a movie people want to pile on is affected, the exchange rate is never brought up, but for other movies everyone goes full defensive.

I thought you were about to say it also can help to have lower production cost/world release cost.

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think it'll hold better. 

I hope it does, not only for Marvel but for the genre in general. If people love this, they will get their wallets ready for WW

39 minutes ago, daisyspring8 said:

FF8 could make much more than 1.2 billion if with the same exchange rate in 2015. Now it's not likely to beat BATB WW.

We all know that as I said before we don't talk about exchange rates for other films so we shouldn't for GOTGv2 

GOTG2 UP 23%, YAAAAY!!! BATB UP 48%, GOOD FOR BATB ON ITS WAY TO 500M!!!!!

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

We all know that as I said before we don't talk about exchange rates for other films so we shouldn't for GOTGv2 

Well, actually, we do. All the time.

• Like 4