John Marston

Thursday Numbers (June 22): TF5 8.1M, Cars 3 4.4M, WW 4M (Deadline)

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The anti-Valerian wave comes in yet again.  Why am I not surprised :) 

I don't think the movie looks bad and I will watch it but anytime I've seen the trailer in theaters most folks laugh at it and say how dumb it looks. Therefore I don't think its box office prospects are any good despite how I personally feel about the film 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Paramount is in rough shape, they dumped Terminator franchise after only making 440m WW

WWZ2 will probably underperform too if ever happens

Trek is on life support

MI chugging along though

Tom Cruise should take over Paramount

Just now, grim22 said:

So a Power Rangers movie might end up having a higher 3-day OW than a Transformers movie, an Alien movie and a Tom Cruise starring Mummy movie. Who saw that as a possibility at the start of the year?

lol let's not forget though that Power Rangers bombed. At least other films will make at least two times their budgets

Just now, Nova said:

I don't think the movie looks bad and I will watch it but anytime I've seen the trailer in theaters most folks laugh at it and say how dumb it looks. Therefore I don't think its box office prospects are any good despite how I personally feel about the film 

...really?  I tend to not get many audience reactions at all when the trailer plays (since it's not something that is supposed to elicit much of an audible response, as there's not really any jokes in the trailers or anything).  The only time I did hear a reaction was chatter from people after the trailer during Power Rangers.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So a Power Rangers movie might end up having a higher 3-day OW than a Transformers movie, an Alien movie and a Tom Cruise starring Mummy movie. Who saw that as a possibility at the start of the year?

I did for Alien and The Mummy

Image result for but that's none of my business gif

Spoiler

I had Alien 5M less than Transformers in my CONTROVERSIAL Predictions, but I was riding the 60M OW train on that since Kong.

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

...really?  I tend to not get many audience reactions at all when the trailer plays (since it's not something that is supposed to elicit much of an audible response, as there's not really any jokes in the trailers or anything).  The only time I did hear a reaction was chatter from people after the trailer during Power Rangers.

The last few times that's the reaction I've got. Of course its just anecdotal so it doesn't mean much lol 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Hide contents

I had Alien 5M less than Transformers in my CONTROVERSIAL Predictions, but I was riding the 60M OW train on that since Kong.

I think you missed the Power Rangers bit of his post.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hide contents

Didn't you have The Mummy at 150M? 

:redcapes: 

• Like 1

Worse than I think anyone expected. Transformers is completely dead in the states.  Overseas will still do well I'm sure but fuck, they have something to really think about if it's completely dead here. Can you continue to churn out $200M+ productions + advertising when in my view this will begin to decline overseas also..   i think the franchise needs a break