• The Intouchables
    • Madagascar 3
    • Brave
    • Magic Mike
    • Beasts of Southern Wild
    • Ted
    • The Bourne Legacy
    • Total Recall

What makes me laugh is how people say its complete crap yet they like SM1. Has anyone actually seen the first movie recently? I caught it on T.V the other day and let's face it, it's pretty bad. TASM may have followed the same story, but at least it improved on it IMO.

Are you actually saying that origin part in TASM is better than in SM? :rofl:

Films like Moonrise kingdom I think are for people who like to come across as an intellect. I'm sorry but I think Wes Anderson films are just boring as hell. If he is such a great film maker then why can't he make his 'smart' films entertaining to watch??

I agree with this.

I personally don't understand how anyone can think Moonrise is the best of the summer.

I find Anderson's movies to be as artificial as a CGI in Battleship.Every character is so fake, so over the top ...And don't get me started on the fetichism of the guy, I think he is gravely ill ...I liked the movie, it s cute but it s like almost a parody of an indy movie to me. Edited by The Futurist

In regard to Moonrise Kingdom: "arty" and "pretentious" are not necessarily the same thing.I don't think Moonrise Kingdom is pretentious. It's a movie about twelve-year-olds that is eerily well-attuned to what it's like being twelve years old. It's a time when everyone around you is awkward, adults seem totally disconnected from your emotional state of being (despite the fact that they were once that age), and what seems like even the most passionate and enduring love is still innocent and almost guaranteed to die out within a few years at the latest. I remember feeling this way when I was twelve, I see traces of it when I teach middle school students, and I think Wes Anderson paints a pretty accurate picture of it despite the fact that the film is set a good four-and-a-half decades in the past. Although the film doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to acknowledging that being that age can suck sometimes (especially for children who have emotional problems or trouble at home), it ultimately seems to be a sweet, sincere ode to innocence, first love, and a relatively simple worldview that has yet to grapple with sticky adult matters like extramarital affairs (like the one Frances McDormand and Bruce Willis have in the film). I think I would have loved it had I seen it at the age the characters are at, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the preteens and teens who have seen it also loved it.And while Wes Anderson's style is out there and practically screams to be looked at, I love it. His movies are always distinctive from others, and I find his style refreshing amid all the convention we see elsewhere in the movie business. Plus, while it would seem easy for substance to be drowned in all the style, I have still found all of his movies to be plenty substantive as well. If nothing else, I think he's consistently right on the money with complex emotions, and his ability to balance quirky humor with legitimate pathos is highly impressive.

• Like 2

Anyone who did not vote for The Dark Knight Rises is flat out wrong and does not appreciate the genius that is Christopher Nolan. Fact.

Posted Image

:lol: :lol:

WTH is that picture of? and if Batman say were in the middle of nowhere and just ended up in gotham city in what it seems like a matter of minutes is genius? then I must be GOD!

WTH is that picture of? and if Batman say were in the middle of nowhere and just ended up in gotham city in what it seems like a matter of minutes is genius? then I must be GOD!

It's a picture of two guys stirring a pot.. since my comment was to incite more debate hence the stir the pot pic and it's over the top pretentiousness.. and you took the bait, clearly. :unsure:

It's a picture of two guys stirring a pot.. since my comment was to incite more debate hence the stir the pot pic and it's over the top pretentiousness.. and you took the bait, clearly. :unsure:

Yes, I certainly Bit The hook on that one.. Just to be clear I though The Dark knight Rises was good fun, 8/10 movie that could have been better if they just had more time to work out the kinks in the story, everything else as I remember was pretty well done. I Like Nolans Action sequences but we do have different styles so once in a while il go and say, well I would have done this or that. I still think it's great the way he puts us inside the action, really makes you feel like you are right there inside Gotham. they way he shoots makes it unique some like it some love it, some like me think it's an accomplishment in filmmaking but I don't think this is the best film of the summer. nor do I think The Avengers is.
  • Like 1