Neo

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves | March 31, 2023 | Paramount | Amazon Prime advance screenings March 19 @ 2 PM

Can anyone enlighten me on why they are starting to drop the Super Bowl TV spots early? They did it for 65 too, and I'm sure a few others already. 

To me, it seems completely counterintuitive, I'm sure the views and likes and retweets across social media will much lower than if they just launched it at the Super Bowl 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinacolada said:

Can anyone enlighten me on why they are starting to drop the Super Bowl TV spots early? They did it for 65 too, and I'm sure a few others already. 

To me, it seems completely counterintuitive, I'm sure the views and likes and retweets across social media will much lower than if they just launched it at the Super Bowl 

All companies (whether it's for cars, food, etc.) have had a tendency to release their buzzy Super Bowl commercials early for a while, most likely in an attempt to drum up some early awareness (and also since a lot of people to tend to use the commercials as a break time). The only ones that are truly holding back are the big exclusives like The Flash and whatever Disney will reportedly be pushing during the game tomorrow (one has to assume they're using the game to officially begin the massive marketing campaigns for Guardians 3 and The Little Mermaid which make sense as trailer attachments before Ant-Man next weekend).

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:24 AM, Pinacolada said:

The TV spot didn't even end up playing during the Super Bowl. I assume it ran sometime during Pregame. Great stuff Paramount. Look at the disparity between the views for this and Transformers

Edited by Pinacolada

Saw the trailer with Ant Man. My intrest went from “never going to see it” to “i`ll be there on OD”. It looked really good IMO

100% the trailer that got the most buzz during trailers. People laughed and cheered 

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Does anyone have any idea on the expected MPAA rating on this, or just the general tone.

My oldest turns 10 next month, and, really wants to see this for his birthday party. I'd be okay if it's just him,but if I'm taking a bunch of 4th graders to a movie, I don't want to suddenly be explaining to the other parents why I took the kids to something maybe not the most appropriate.

I can't imagine its got anything too bad outside your typical Marvel film. I've tried suggesting Shazam as an alternative, and was met with a fierce no. The other kids all seem keen to see this as well.

Note, my kid has no experience with D&D prior to this. He just has liked the trailers. I'm not sure if that's any indication of potential reactions of other kids his age or not, but he's pretty locked in on this.

• Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, vafrow said:

Does anyone have any idea on the expected MPAA rating on this, or just the general tone.

My oldest turns 10 next month, and, really wants to see this for his birthday party. I'd be okay if it's just him,but if I'm taking a bunch of 4th graders to a movie, I don't want to suddenly be explaining to the other parents why I took the kids to something maybe not the most appropriate.

I can't imagine its got anything too bad outside your typical Marvel film. I've tried suggesting Shazam as an alternative, and was met with a fierce no. The other kids all seem keen to see this as well.

Note, my kid has no experience with D&D prior to this. He just has liked the trailers. I'm not sure if that's any indication of potential reactions of other kids his age or not, but he's pretty locked in on this.

I'll be shocked based on everything if this isn't a PG-13. Nothing indicates it would be rated R.

8 minutes ago, vafrow said:

Yeah it's definitely a pretty tame/regular PG-13

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'll be shocked based on everything if this isn't a PG-13. Nothing indicates it would be rated R.

The only thing that gives me pause is the director duo's previous films have skewed adult.

But this doesn't seem like they'd take it there, but, was wondering if anyone has seen anything on it.