Neo

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves | March 31, 2023 | Paramount | Amazon Prime advance screenings March 19 @ 2 PM

Considered me surprised the reviews for this are not only not terrible but actually pretty good? Obviously still has its work cut out for it to make money, but what it does have in its favor is that it'll be the last live-action aspiring tentpole until Guardians 3 in early May so maybe it takes advantage of a barren (in terms of non-R-rated product) April and legs it out to $100M Edge of Tomorrow-style like @DAJK said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

Shocked this is getting good reviews lol, and not just from the trailers. Not sure what's up with the embargo so I'll keep it at that for now.

Several critics have already posted, like Variety and Hollywood Reporter, so I expect the embargo won't hold that much longer

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

We're getting the Prime preview...how does it work, because I want to go instead of wait. Do I flash them my mother's Amazon Prime sub at the kiosk or something.

You go on Atom Tickets and you buy the tickets from there. After choosing your seat, it will then ask you to sign in with your Amazon Prime account. Do that, and then you're gold like Rapunzel's hair. I don't think you can do this at the door, so your only option is to buy them online in advance.

https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/dungeons-dragons-amazon-prime-early-showing/5500691

• Thanks 1

I really hope tracking picks up on this. Looks like an extremely entertaining crowd-pleasing action film we haven't had in a long while. I don't know if releasing it between John Wick 4 and Mario was a good idea though, as their seems to be some crossover with D&D and both of the niches they appeal to. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I really hope tracking picks up on this. Looks like an extremely entertaining crowd-pleasing action film we haven't had in a long while. I don't know if releasing it between John Wick 4 and Mario was a good idea though, as their seems to be some crossover with D&D and both of the niches they appeal to. 

At least, April schedule is pretty light (Mario aside) so it can leg out if WoM is good.