Neo

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves | March 31, 2023 | Paramount | Amazon Prime advance screenings March 19 @ 2 PM

25 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm not 100 percent sure how much of a shared audience there is here. Illumination typically skews younger.

But it's Mario......

Everyone is gonna see that

That's the problem I think for this. If u want a badass action movie to see, you're gonna go see John Wick 4. If you want a lighthearted colorful adventure movie, you're gonna go see Super Mario. 

16 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

But it's Mario......

Everyone is gonna see that

That's the problem I think for this. If u want a badass action movie to see, you're gonna go see John Wick 4. If you want a lighthearted colorful adventure movie, you're gonna go see Super Mario. 

I think those movies have separate enough target demos that they shouldn't cut into each other that much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Lighter April gives it some good chance, unless Creed and Scream over perform legs. But with good WOM and a decent enough opening it has some good space till Guardians comes out

I dont think creed will leg out super well, and scream is a franchise horror movie; mario is the problem

5 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I dont think creed will leg out super well, and scream is a franchise horror movie; mario is the problem

The two can coexist, I guess. Just like THE WAY OF WATER and THE LAST WISH.

One thing to think about is that Super Mario comes out during the second weekend, but after that, the rest of April is very weak until the release of GotG 3 in May. So this film is going to have its first weekend and then the whole of April to attract audiences through word of mouth as the marquee “fun” action blockbuster that everyone can see. The overall weakness of April will definitely help this movie at the box office, because Renfield’s not gonna “do it,” Evil Dead Rise’s not gonna “do it,” Big George Foreman’s not gonna “do it”—but this film could.

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 2