#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Well if the 33M Saturday holds then 75M-78M is the target for the weekend. 

Druv, you went to bed too early yesterday and missed all the fun  :D

• Like 1

Rth said $33m for Saturday, so that would mean a 32.5% drop on Sunday to reach $75m for the weekend. 32.5% is a steep drop, but then again 67% is a steep Saturday increase as well.

Well if the 33M Saturday holds then 75M-78M is the target for the weekend. 

Thanks.  I think I'd rather expect a steeper drop on Sunday, for no other reason other than IM3 seems to have this habit of having one amazing jump only to be effectively canceled out by its subsequent drop.

Still fascinated over how it's acting like a kid's film since it's really not but whatever.

My parents saw it yesterday (they're the very definition of mainstream viewers IMO) and really loved it.  I actually suggested they watch Gatsby 'cause that might've been more my mom's style but hey.

Kids better be watching iron man3, after all because of kids they cut out a steamy shower scene! Uhh disney ladies say not cool :(Like I already said that kid's arc in the middle of the film is a great draw plus he gets freebies after , don't every kid fantasize about being their superhero or their sidekick who helps them out of a binder! Plus he's one of the avengers! Now how far back should I go ? Hmm

• Like 2

Wow. Marvel is definitely on a roll. Kudos to them for sustaining this amazing popular and critical momentum. I truly wonder which eventual Marvel films will be their Cars 2? We all know nobody stays on top forever, and even if they rebound later on like Pixar did, they will have a domestic flop sooner or later.

Wow. Marvel is definitely on a roll. Kudos to them for sustaining this amazing popular and critical momentum.I truly wonder which eventual Marvel films will be their Cars 2? We all know nobody stays on top forever, and even if they rebound later on like Pixar did, they will have a domestic flop sooner or later.

GotG or Ant Man or Dr Strange. I don`t have much faith in those.

Kids and teens really liked that kid in the middle of Im3...

To be honest when he entered the film it got way more entertaining 

There were actually a ton of great one liners between the kid and Iron Man 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

Wow. Marvel is definitely on a roll. Kudos to them for sustaining this amazing popular and critical momentum.I truly wonder which eventual Marvel films will be their Cars 2? We all know nobody stays on top forever, and even if they rebound later on like Pixar did, they will have a domestic flop sooner or later.

Cars 2 wasn't a flop. IM2 is probably their weakest effort, but it was successful at the box office. TIH was the closest thing to a flop that they've had so far, and that is reflected in their reluctance to make a Hulk sequel.

• Like 3

So, what is Marvel waiting for before casting Channing Tatum, Jennifer Lawrence and The Rock in one of their superhero sequels? Seems like Rock in a sequel, Jlaw in an action role, Tatum in anything and Marvel superheroes are the only sure things these days. Maybe they should all be in TA2....then it will definitely surpass Titanic and Avatar.

• Like 1

Kids and teens really liked that kid in the middle of Im3...

To be honest when he entered the film it got way more entertaining 

There were actually a ton of great one liners between the kid and Iron Man 

Shh, don't say that. You're gonna annoy Tele, He hates the kid  :D

Cars 2 wasn't a flop.

Domestically its box office couldn't even surpass its production budget, and it got the worst critical drubbing in Pixar's history. That's why I specified "domestic flop." Sure it made up for that overseas, but Cars 2 was Pixar's chink in its armor, without a question.

Domestically its box office couldn't even surpass its production budget, and it got the worst critical drubbing in Pixar's history. That's why I specified "domestic flop." Sure it made up for that overseas, but Cars 2 was Pixar's chink in its armor, without a question.

Cars 2 was the 8th most succesful movie in America in 2011 with 191m.

That is not a flop.

Thank you.

This forum creates a new definition of flop almost every day.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

Some people swear up and down Guardians of the Galaxy will be Marvel's downfall.

These people simply lack imagination.

They sound like Fox execs skeptical of Star Wars A New Hope.