filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

I think thats low but BTC has been deadly accurate for IM3 and GG 

Yeah, it's a bit worrying cause BTC has been on the money a lot of times these past months.

I can see why that'd be considered bad, but how is that bad? That's realistic, though lower than I called and I was being conservative. The $120M+ predicts were outlandish to begin with with no probable reasoning other 3D.

It's bad because if you take out 3d that's like 5m less than Star Trek '09 did on its 3 day OW 4 years ago. And that movie had great reception. 

Edited by MovieMan89

It's  kind of a bummer we don't have many die hard trekkies here or the meltdowns to an 85m 4 day for this would be epic.

Where's that Hand of Illumination guy? I'm sure he'll freak out a bit

It's bad because if you take out 3d that's like 10m less than Star Trek '09 did on its 3 day OW 4 years ago. And that movie had great reception. 

I will admit, I never saw Into Darkness passing ST09 in total, but I expected an OW increase, since its a very usual habit for sequels. Ive been predicting a $90M OW.

I honestly wouldn't be stunned by a 15 million or less opening day. It sucks, but the move came too late for it to have a breakout on OD. I can't believe it will do that low over the three day, though.  For the love of all that is good and holy, I hope it goes up.

• Like 1

Where's that Hand of Illumination guy? I'm sure he'll freak out a bit

He's been kinda quiet since IM3 opened, he said it'll gross under IM2 after all  :lol:

Thanks Lormandeep. I can see Trek got slow business today. Hopefully, it'll jump big on Friday.

And yeah, FF6 will be huge.

Honest truth went I went to the screening on Tuesday There was two advance screening for Fast and Star Trek on AMC. Fast 6 line was all the way down the block longer than Trek. Trek had like half of it. I was kinda shock considering its Star trek..Then again star started at 8 and fast at 7

Edited by Dragon

85 M would put it above ST in gross but not in admissions since this is in 3D. BTC has been accurate recently but please not this time. I hope good wom helps.

It wouldn't put it above ST in gross either because they're talking about 85m for the 4 day. The OW would be lower than 75m of ST's OW.

85 M would put it above ST in gross but not in admissions since this is in 3D. BTC has been accurate recently but please not this time. I hope good wom helps.

WOM is mixed

:giggle:  :flamewar: 

• Like 2

It's early. But I always thought this wasn't the month to release this movie. It needed to command more than one frame. It won't even be playing in the biggest multiplex auditoriums next weekend. 

• Like 1

Honest truth went I went to the screening with Tuesday There was two advance screening for Fast and Star Trek on AMC. Fast 6 line was all the way down the block longer than Trek. Trek had like half of it. I was kinda shock considering its Star trek..Then again star started at 8 and fast at 7

Fast six's Friday evening Presale for next Friday is about the same as ST2 for tomorrow at my theater  :ph34r:

• Like 1