baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

Date - August would have been better and people waiting next week for TH3 and F6

Not much to differentiate this from the first, since I also believe novelty is gone

4 years was a little long wait for the GA

Nobody gives a fuck about Cumberfuck. Nobody. OK? If you want the real reason look no further. he was the face of the marketing push. Flawless fail.

• Like 1

No offense, but I swear I don't understand some of you sometimes. There are moments where you complain that 4 years between films is apparently long, but when you get a movie after 2 years you complain it's rushed. You either want a rushed film and wait 2 years, or a good film and wait 4 years. Make your choice already.

You must be confused. Ive never complained about 2 years = rushed. I'm not even complaining about 4 years, just offering it as a possible reason for a possible under-performing sequel. Frankly, its too early to know if its under performing or not anyway.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

No offense, but I swear I don't understand some of you sometimes. There are moments where you complain that 4 years between films is apparently long, but when you get a movie after 2 years you complain it's rushed. You either want a rushed film and wait 2 years, or a good film and wait 4 years. Make your choice already.

That's because 3 years is the right amount of time.

• Like 3

I seriously believe you and others are severely overpredicting this. It's just not happen. Both Thor 2 and Hobbit 2 should be above this, and while I don't see MoS breaking $300m DOM, it should certainly do better than DM2. 

sooo...you don't think DM2 can increase $80M, but you think Thor can? $330M is not overprediction. $300M for Thor is overprediction. I see $240 right now for Thor and I'm being generous. TA effect is not going to happen to every single Avengers film, and the Thor 2 teaser was nothing special. Hobbit 2 isn't increasing either. And DM2 made $543 WW, $700M WW is not out of the question for DM2. When was the last time an animated sequel decreased OS? And with 3D?

• Like 1

The Avengers Side Effect: Everything that it's released close to the release date of an Avenger film turns to a flop until at least three weeks have passed.

I have something to tell you: The Great Gatsby.

• Like 1

Stay strong Sam. Hopefully it jumps 150% on Friday. 

I hope the best for Trek 2 cause of my love ST09, I haven't seen the movie yet. So who knows, I might not like it  :lol: But I want movies to do well generally save for a few so gotta stay hopeful.

I also hope IM3 will jump big today, 160%+ will be hard, but for the sake of BSG, I'm keeping my hope high for that  B)

Nobody gives a fuck about Cumberfuck. Nobody. OK? If you want the real reason look no further. he was the face of the marketing push. Flawless fail.

Um, I've said various times and I even have in my F6 over Trek thread that America doesnt care about Cumberbatch, just sayin haha.

Gatsby isn't a blockbuster. It happens only with blockbusters, since they go for the same audience that Marvel Studios target.

That is the worst excuse ever :lol:

• Like 2

Gatsby isn't a blockbuster. It happens only with blockbusters, since they go for the same audience that Marvel Studios target.

UPSET OF THE AGES!!! That's all  :D

• Like 4

Could just be a simple matter of scheduling.  My friends and I bought our STiD tickets before the date change happened.  Too much hassle to try to reschedule to Thurs whereas we might have been there if that had been the date all along.

• Like 2

I like Cumberbatch a lot, but I think it was a mistake to highlight him so much in the marketing since he's an unknown in the US.

I like Cumberbatch a lot, but I think it was a mistake to highlight him so much in the marketing since he's an unknown in the US.

I don't like how they neglect Spock in their marketing materials.

• Like 1

If Abrams didn't do Super 8 he probably could've gotten Trek 2 out by 2011/2012. But then he'd probably already be at work on Trek 3 and would've turned down Star Wars...

Super 8 was better than ST2, so I'm glad it exists.
  • Like 1

I mean, there is a middle ground between 2 years and 4 years  :lol:

• Like 4