baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

People on this site watch more movies then most. I am considerd to be someone who goes more then most people I know who love movies, but not everyone can go see them all the time, most wait for DVD, dollar theaters, also what other people think...

• Like 1

Seriously do you guys act like this all the time for regular things too?

I mean if you order a hamburger and it comes without ketchup, are you like this is burger is awful.  Then the ketchup arrives, oh man this burger is great.

If today's number is bad then it's time to panic.

If a server gets my order wrong I immediately pull out my phone and bombard her with reaction gifs.

Posted Image

And then I call her a Floptress.

Edited by aDIM
  • Like 2

This better hit 25M+ today... Seriously.

Needs to follow Kung Fu Panda 2 in order to do it. That had by far the biggest Friday jump for a Thursday opener (126%), if Trek repeats that it'll end up with $25.7m on Friday. 

The whole thing is just a shame, especially considering STID is a pretty worthy sequel. As far as I'm concerned, it deserved every penny that IM3 made. Maybe if Paramount had scheduled it for mid-July it would've worked out better.

I'm sorry............you have posted here before. Why are you surprised?

Yeah, lol. Was thinking this.Reason #1 that I always stay out of threads for OW of big films. Wayyy too much knee-jerking and lack of logic for my taste.
  • Like 1

Based on IM3's performance last weekend compared to SM1, it could potentially make $40-42m this weekend if it jumps like SM1 did during its third Friday and Saturday.

OH. LOL redfirebird, I saw the 40-42m first and just instantly thought of ST2 instead of IM3, hence why I posted the Ross gif.  :lol:

Yeah, lol. Was thinking this.Reason #1 that I always stay out of threads for OW of big films. Wayyy too much knee-jerking and lack of logic for my taste.

Too bad, that s where the fun is.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

if this doesn't pick up tomorrow, I will lose interest in box office tracking. 

And I`ll lose interest if it does. Picking up would be predictable. Not picking up would be a stunning upset for ages.

• Like 5